Shultz Canal Up's and Downs

fishguru5

had a day off today and thought i would go for a fish. even though it was windy i made it to my spot with relative ease. then it went downhill. after i got all the mullet i needed in the net i had one more cast and as i was pulling the net up the knot on the swivel came off resulting in the net bombing to the bottom :angry: i spent a long wile trying to pick it up with the anchor but no luck. time to go back to the spot and fish off a pilon. with two people this is simple. one is an entirely different story. through the anchor onto the pilon and got off onto it to wrap it around the pilon wile the boat drifted out. after this i went to pull it in BUT THE ROPE WASN'T ATTACHED TO THE BOAT :blink: so off goes the boat with the current and the wind. in a quick thought i ripped off my favourite shirt and dove into the water swimming after it. after 50 metres finally got into the boat and tied myself off WELL! onto the mooring. ............. wheres my shirt? ON THE F*****G bottom :o. after a wile i decided today was not the day and packed up and went home. theres my day hope all of yours was more productive.

pat

Bad luck about the net, i would have used a rod with some gang hooks on the end.

shultz is off my to fish list. my engine overheated up jacksons yesterday, then i took it in to the mechanic to have a look over and am waiting for the full report back, supposedly the impeller only had 2 of 6 blades left on it. so i can only imagine that they are stuck somewhere inside the block

haha yes thats true i won the rod but still. oh and jacksons creek is the sh!ttest creek. so many things have gone wrong in that creek. ill highlight a few moments: stuck at low tide near mouth for 2 hours, stuck at high tide on airport side of bridge and half sinking the boat to get under, keechie throwing himself in with the cast net. and im sure theres more.

haha the pine river is my arch nemesis!!!

broken prop, lost cast net, drenched mobile phone & car keys, lsot crab pots, not to mention NEVER coming home after catching some decent fish from there

it just doesnt end. and the sad thing is i keep going back to try and conquer the old girl!!

Archived