sommerset dam.

fergie

spent 4 days at sommerset with family and friends, for a bit of fishing and try to get a few red claws. first couple of days stared off slow with no fish and only 6 crays :(

with everyone telling me to use potatoes, rockmelon, etc, i shouldn't have listen to them

cause the first 6 i got were gonna be the only ones i would catch, with no more being caught spewn.

3rd day fishing i found a deep diving lure in my tackle box,i think it was a cheapy from kmart about 10 years ago, i wacked it on and wasn't long before i was on to my first bass, 3 more followed after that.now it's time to have some breaky.

come back out in afternoon to give it another go, the bass were thick, i was pulling them in one after the other. with something taking me deep into a snag with my one and only deep diver i was shattered :ohmy: what to do now.

try a damiki vault i had won in afo comps, turns out they were better then the hard bodies. i think i landed about 20 bass that day, biggest was 36cm and the hits were endless mostly on the damiki vault.

:cheer: :cheer: 0022.jpg

post-3937-144598513231_thumb.jpg

Zim man wrote:

good report fergie, glad the AFO prize brought home the bacon for you. Were you using a straight retreive or jigging the vaults?

I am planning a somerset trip soon, maybe mid jan. hope the bass will be on the chew then.

have a good new year everyone

i started trowling and getting fish in the same spot everytime so tryed jigging spinnerbaits and vaults but no luck as soon as i started trowling again in the same spot i was getting them again. the jigging didn't work for me. good luck.

cheers.

Archived