Prawn Stars

Do$tylz

I would also like some tips if anyone feels like sharing?

These lures are always hanging out of Jacks, Trevs, Threaddis, Flatties etc mouths in fishing magazines but im not sure as to what technique to use?

Also compared to some other lures i reckon they are good value :)

Angus

Guy's,

with fairly limited experience, the best way I have seen them used is to cast hard against/amongst structure,let them sink to bottom or almost bottom and work them back with short sharp hits with the rod, only reeling in to pick up the slack. This really gets the tail kicking.

Something like 1, 2, 3, 4 hits then reel in the slack. Pausing for about a second between each hit.

If you can get upflow of the snag, they will also drift back into the strike zone again after each hit.

You can use this technique for any hardbody, especially divers and suspending lures.

Sheet, it's a bit hard to explain, easier on the water..

I used to catch bream on them, but there was only about 15 bream I caught on them all up(over about a year:blush: ) but my favourite technique was to cast it up onto a sand bank at night(because thats when I thought they'd most likely be in shallows, under the cover of darkness.) then work it back very slowly over the sand flat with little tail twitches. As you know they have a good bit of movement in their tails so you don't need to jerk it like crazy.

But I'm going to bribie soon and I'll be upsizing prawnstars for a jack hopefully. Then I'll be using a more erratic movement right up against the pontoons.

Thanks

Tim

Thanx for the replies guys,

I guess we've just gotta keep trying and then maybe post our findings with the best technique, colour and size.

Shaggy - last time a tried my Prawn star up against a snag i got it snagged and lost...dettered me mighty quick to try that again with my new one.

But i guess the technique you're using is the one i'm trying with the \"flick, pause, flick\".

Tim A - i guess you answered my question of whether they work at night or not. Did you use the glow in the dark one?

Cheers for the tips

Do$tylz wrote:

Thanx for the replies guys,

I guess we've just gotta keep trying and then maybe post our findings with the best technique, colour and size.

Shaggy - last time a tried my Prawn star up against a snag i got it snagged and lost...dettered me mighty quick to try that again with my new one.

But i guess the technique you're using is the one i'm trying with the \"flick, pause, flick\".

Tim A - i guess you answered my question of whether they work at night or not. Did you use the glow in the dark one?

Cheers for the tips

Nah didn't even know there was a glow in the dark one. Just the lightest green one(forgot its name).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived