C.I.W. Social Fish Jan 30 2010 - Rockets Birthday!

Rocket75

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferg,

It is at Robina, approx 1hr 15mins from Bris, so add on your time from the nth coast to Bris and you're in the ball park.

Water depth varies throughout, but 1m - 4m would be about average.

Most fish I have caught have been around the edges on 1-2m divers, but fish show on the sounder in the deeper sections too.

rocekt

Copy of Start of Thread to make life easy!

Rocket75 wrote:

* This is not an official AFO event! * *

Attention any interested AFO members.

To celebrate my 35th Birthday :S I want to go fishing with some mates :woohoo:

A few of us are planning on fishing for some Bass and Bream at Clear Island Waters, Robina on Saturday January 30, 3.00pm till 7.00pm approx.

Access to this waterway is limited to landbased, canoe and kayak fishing as there is no public ramp facilities for boats.

I stress this is not an official AFO sanctioned event, just a bunch of anglers getting together to have a social fish, share tips, techniques, stories and good company.

What I am looking for is an indication of how many people plan on attending so we can organise car-pooling and kayak/canoe transport.

There is limited parking at the launch site, so sharing transport may be a good idea.

Please reply on this thread if you are keen to join us.

I will update this thread with more info as the date approaches.

Thanks

Rocket

Update as promised...

OK, great response to this social gathering so far.

I've collated the posts and come up with this list of attendees :)

Rocket75

Tomca

Mongrel Jack

Kiwifisho

Freshy

Fergie

Faulked

Novrain

Warren63

yoyo

Angus

Keen as Fisho

James W

Tacklebox

Kreel

Aaron H

BigTez + Mate

Craig1983

dassa

beefa

Some of the above are still to be confirmed, and others are needing / willing to lend vessels for the day.

Keep posting on this thread with requests and offers so we get as many AFOers on the water this weekend.

Some small prizes (spinnerbaits donated by my company "Home Loans Made Easy (QLD)" ) are on offer for biggest bass and bream of the day. (1st,2nd and 3rd places)

As this is just a social event, it will be an honesty based weigh in at 6.00pm where you can declare your catches to be eligible.

All are welcome, any questions please post on this thread or PM me.

thanks

rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

Copy of Start of Thread to make life easy!

Rocket75 wrote:

* This is not an official AFO event! * *

Attention any interested AFO members.

To celebrate my 35th Birthday :S I want to go fishing with some mates :woohoo:

A few of us are planning on fishing for some Bass and Bream at Clear Island Waters, Robina on Saturday January 30, 3.00pm till 7.00pm approx.

Access to this waterway is limited to landbased, canoe and kayak fishing as there is no public ramp facilities for boats.

I stress this is not an official AFO sanctioned event, just a bunch of anglers getting together to have a social fish, share tips, techniques, stories and good company.

What I am looking for is an indication of how many people plan on attending so we can organise car-pooling and kayak/canoe transport.

There is limited parking at the launch site, so sharing transport may be a good idea.

Please reply on this thread if you are keen to join us.

I will update this thread with more info as the date approaches.

Thanks

Rocket

Update as promised...

OK, great response to this social gathering so far.

I've collated the posts and come up with this list of attendees :)

Rocket75

Tomca

Mongrel Jack

Kiwifisho

Freshy

Fergie

Faulked

Novrain

Warren63

yoyo

Angus

Keen as Fisho

James W

Tacklebox

Kreel

BrianD (maybe?)

Aaron H

BigTez

Craig1983

Travis

dassa

Some of the above are still to be confirmed, and others are needing / willing to lend vessels for the day.

Keep posting on this thread with requests and offers so we get as many AFOers on the water this weekend.

Some small prizes (spinnerbaits donated by my company "Home Loans Made Easy (QLD)" ) are on offer for biggest bass and bream of the day. (1st,2nd and 3rd places)

As this is just a social event, it will be an honesty based weigh in at 6.00pm where you can declare your catches to be eligible.

All are welcome, any questions please post on this thread or PM me.

thanks

rocket

Hey Rocket!

Sorry just got your PM! I will try be there, I am helping a mate fit out a bed in his Van but should be ok to be there pending dodging a baseball bat in the back of the head from the missus! I might even bring Milo!

If I am there I am there...if not I am dead or being held captive by SWMBO! :laugh:

Just wanted to thank everyone who has said they are coming tomm arvo.

Weather forcast is looking a bit dodgy :dry: , but I'm keen to have a crack anyway.

That said, I fully understand that some people won't be able to make it or don't fancy the conditions.

Hope to catch up with a few old friends and meet some new ones.

Once again, all are welcome to join in and have some fun. :)

See ya tomm arvo.

rocket

Archived