Gateway Bridge fishing.

Sorrello

When I was a young fella there was some quite productive fishing from the old stone wall under the southern side of the bridge. We used to access it through the old factory that was there.

Looking at Google earth, the old factory is now gone, and there appears to be a track from the industrial estate on the western side which goes under the bridge near the river. It should be accessible from there. However, work has started on the new alignment and bridge on the eastern side, and they may have restricted access already.

all you can do is go and have a look. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/gateway.jpg

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/09 11:58

post-134-144598411108_thumb.jpg

we used to be able to walk to the bank and fish under lights under the bridge, you had to leave your car a long way from where you were fishing though.

the spot was west of the southern side of the bridge,near the servo (but opposite), you could drive through some gates that didnt close and park your car near the toll booths, im not sure if this is still available but it is definatly worth a try as we brought home some awesome fish from there

hey there!

I actually went fishing under the bridge about two months ago...there was some construction going on but nothing that wouldn't allow access below the bridge. Not sure how it is now. You need to leave your car on the road and walk down to the bridge. Just a note...I've fished at this location 3 times before and never come home with any hooked, though there were some bites. Could be lack of luck...:)

Oh...and if there isn't any access to the bridge you should be able to access the small pier there is located further left of the bridge!

Good luck!

Hope I was helpful...

Last Time was there (12mths) you could jump the gutter from the bitumen and drive down the dirt track to virtually under the western side of the bridge. Last time though, there was we had just enough time to settle in,before some dude who probably got bullied as a kid and now now wears a security badge made me drive back up the the road and part the 4wd there.Didnt mind us fishing there though . Eastern side of the bride had the remains of anold jetty or wooden wall jutting in to a nice little hole which produced a few brimbo mid arvo on the run out tide.

its possiable to shore fish but not actually directuly under it there is a yaut club round the corner with a boat machinery next to it i my mate pete reefed up a good pink snapper there a while ago. or you could go to pinkinbar along the rock wall there its quite good an old asain was there using heavy gear and pulled in a nurse shark.

Archived