Public submissions Wyaralong Trail Bike Facility.

rayke1938

There was a bit of discussion a while back about a proposed trail/motocross facility at Wyaralong. At that stage it was all smoke and mirrors with no exact location being give. I contacted my local member and all he could tell me was that it would be located below the dam wall and would have no impact on water quality.

Looks like he was being told porkies. I just did a bit of a follow up and found this.
/>http://www.sportrec.qld.gov.au/Recreation/TrailbikeridinginQueensland/Publicconsultation.aspx

Lots of reading to wade through it all but from map it will be about 1k from the actual dam with water runoff from the site entering the dam.

Another point wonder how the noise of a 2 stroke on full song will diminish to 45db. No mention of what sound diminution techniques will be used to achieve this level.

There are a lot of holes in it with a lot of information not available as at this stage the actual circuits have not even been planned.

I agree that there is a need for such a facility but question its location and the suitability of the site for its proposed use.

Anyhow have a read and make a submission if you wish.

Anyone know if there is a site anywhere that we can regularly peruse to find out what submissions are open for public comment?

Cheers

Ray

Archived