Middle Park

Hanger1800

Well... My friend would always brag about the bass he was catching, then when we finally found time to fish there (in our little k.d. fishing gang) it was too dry. Just downstream of the old weir there it was so low and dry you could almost catch mullet with your hands.

speaking of catching fish with your hands: i used to catch live shrimp near the old weir for bass bait. I'd lift up a rock in shallow water and sweep my hand under it to catch the shrimp, until one day i picked up a bullrout:pinch: The pain was excruciating and i could feel it shooting up my arm. Needless to say i don't do that anymore!!

That does sound pretty painfull... I might mabye try to get live shrimp that way with a thick glove... But yeah my friend tom had a rather huge catfish spike go heaps far into his ear because this idiot that came fishing had mono line and just ripped the fish out of the water into his head.:pinch:

the last couple of years i lived at redcliffe and didn't have a boat, so i'd just go off the hornibrook bridge. Did pretty well there at times, some stonker bream on live herring. Since then me mates got a tinnie, so we've been going out in the lower reaches of the brissy river bagging bream, snapper, flathead etc on plastics.

from there try the river walks at the back of riverhills and mt ommaney, there is also some land right down the back of riverhills towards goodna that fished ok for bulls this summer, there isnt a lot of bulls in this section but the catties get huge, deep rock banks being the go.

Archived