Brekkie Creek boat ramp opp Whitworths

Bluevien

Has anyone used this ramp lately? I passed it at low tide once and it did look very low. I'm taking the missus for a cruise up the river passed Southbank and the sights and it's the closest one to us bit it will have us coming back to it on or just after low. Any advise on it?

Cheers,

Rob

Hi mate, i know exactly the ramp ur talking about. its a nice and quiet area there and is "boat traffic free". And yes there is a reason to it... Too slippery and too low.

ur better off launchin at the Breakfast creek wharf itself, next to the Harley davidson shop, OR the best ramp i think is at West End next to the milk factory. Nice and safe an has a small beach there.

Upto you mate, but i think if you take the missus out, best to take the extra effort for a good trip, not take shortcuts and have a bad trip.... Then your missus will definitely be against you fishing.... just like my missus, took her out to fish, i fell in the river, destroyed my camera and iphone... now she hates me goin fishin, but she doesnt understand i fell in cos i was trying to hold onto a thready i caught! :angry:

What happens on tour, stays on tour.. i will never tell my missus what happens on fishing trips anymore :dry:

Thanks for the tip, fellas. It did look dodgy when I saw it so thanks for confirming it for me.

Taib, I know what you mean... it's a big plus that she's willing to come out in the boat and let me take a rod with us.... do I sound whipped or what? :unsure: LOL

The West End ramp looks the goods, so will take the extra time to get to that one and it's closer to where we will end up too.

Thanks again.

Rob

I use the one next to Brekky creek wharf all the time, nice steep ramp and plenty of water. With the Mrs in mind, I think Clomslie is the ramp to use. Only a few minutes downstream from Brekky Creek and she can comfortably step into the boat from the pontoon rather than try to climb in on a slippery ramp

tomca wrote:

I use the one next to Brekky creek wharf all the time, nice steep ramp and plenty of water. With the Mrs in mind, I think Clomslie is the ramp to use. Only a few minutes downstream from Brekky Creek and she can comfortably step into the boat from the pontoon rather than try to climb in on a slippery ramp

would have to agree with tom on this one.Comslie is a good ramp :)

Do$tylz wrote:

?? West End is just as good if not better IMO. Its MUCH closer to the city and has a ramp you can walk on and off on as well.

If you launch from Colmslie it'll take you maybe 20/30min to get to the city... From West End... 5min.

I hear ya, Dol but I'm thinking about the fishing also - dry feet = more fishing near the mouth but still deciding. Less fuel from West End for sure but we'll want to chug around. We'll see how we feel and how the gateway behaves itself in the morning.

Archived