What's your favourite bass lure.

Tom B

I know its a cliche but im a big fan (based purely on the fish i have caught with it) on my brown Jakal TN50.

However i am very much looking forward to throwing around my new golden brown SX60 at Baroon.

Expensive lures aside, i have seen the most bass caught on Tassie Devils.

Angus

I know it's hard to pick a fav lure, but mine was picked cos it has caught my biggest bass.

But all the lures have their place.

topwater for early mornings and arvo's, jackalls, spinnerbaits, ice jigs, plastics are good for when the bass are schooling or holding deep, bibbed lures for trolling etc

it all comes down to which one has worked the best lately, or whichever one has caught you a 58cm bass;)

I've caught plenty of bass on ice jigs they work best when you find a good amount of bass on the sounder drop them staight to the bottom and give your rod a couple of sharp upward jigs then let drop back down repeating this over until you get nailed it definitely gets the adrenilin pumping.Even if you see bass flat lining on the bottom being inactive try this out and watch the archs on the sounder start to rise then they will be active smashing your ice jig, try to keep your bass in a live well so you can keep catching more so they dont shut down when you release them back into the school.

Feral wrote:

Yeah sounds like a good idea, only problem is that I think that would make it illegal in fresh water, only one hook or lure per line in fresh.<br /><br />Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/18 20:21

but if lures can have more than one treble then why not the jigs they are lure themselves

Archived