Lure Prices

im with gus, i spending thousands on a 1979 corolla which i dont see as a waste cause i like doing it where others think its a complete waste, as a store manager in a retail outlet i will say one way to look at things when it comes to prices - the right price is where a retail outlet makes money and the customer feels he has got a good deal, if the retail outlet isnt in your price range of a " good deal" change stores or products.

I'd be willing to match the megabass count you're sponsoring kiara to give people a side-by-side comparison with my own vibes in terms of swimming action or what-ever.

btw the lures you ordered are ready and waiting :cheer:

ps: i think you mean july, the 3rd of june was 18 days ago :laugh:

Cheers

Dan

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Like 51MPL said.. Alot of the extra bucks are R + D. But as previously mentioned of course more quality components definately push the price up also. The expensive lure brands are predominantely the ones that create a mad lure and then the kokoda's come in and rip off the design with some lesser quality products/paint and sell them for half as much. Comes down to if your a tackle nut. Some people will hose a $hitload on piss every weekend where as some consider that a waste. Others will spend thousands on a car stereo whereas the rest of us are happy with the stocko ones. What is a rip off to one person is cool with another.

I gave up drinking two cartons a week :blush: to fulfil my lure addiction. As for high end lures being a rip off, look at the price of fuel 1.20+/ltr, thats a straight up ripoff but we need it.

If your serious Kiara I'm keen to help loose some megabass lures to the rocks :laugh:

nadders wrote:

I'd be willing to match the megabass count you're sponsoring kiara to give people a side-by-side comparison with my own vibes in terms of swimming action or what-ever.

btw the lures you ordered are ready and waiting :cheer:

ps: i think you mean july, the 3rd of june was 18 days ago :laugh:

Cheers

Dan

haha, thanks for the heads up. 3rd or 4th JULY.

10 pax for this session, 5 places gone already. details will be up in another thread later, dont wanna hijack this one.

Romast wrote:

kiara_poltegerist wrote:
smitty wrote:
Me to, count me in kiara, whens the day!

um, either 3rd or 4th of July? I will pow-wow with angus with regards to arrangements, and let you know.

Lets hope polly the parrot doesnt have another conveniently timed heart attack for this one.

:huh:

hooked_on_trout wrote:

I purchased a Jackal squirrel today for $25.00.

A lot yes and I only buy 3 or 4 of these a year at most.

But when I looked at the Mega-bass lures of the same size...$35.00!! :ohmy:

sorry but that is a just a rip-off, Mega Bass is one range I will not be buying, no matter how good they claim to be.

cheers

for the "just out of interest" guy, I never claimed to use them.

I have used Ecogear, Atomic, Smith ,Kangoku, Rapala, Luckycraft, Viking, Attack, Reidy, Jackal, River to sea and a few more I guess.

You may have a point, but do you rate them better than any of the lures I mentioned?

Lets not dilly dally over details, I think Kiara has ended this discussion with a generous gesture.

Cheers and tight lines on the MegaBass day.

Archived