Electric motor waranty claim

Feral

Well as some of you might have noticed in the Baroon thread, my Electric started playing up after lunch on the day.

So having bought it at Kmart, gave em a ring, surprise surprise, they dont want to know about it, take it to the manufacturer they say. (Gee I hate Kmart - they sold me a crook toaster in 1982 and they would not honour the warranty claim on that either)

Ok lots of digging around and finally find paperwork from when I bought the motor.

Got an 1800 number, good I think.

Anyway I dial the number and get connected to outer Mongolia somewhere, where I get put on hold for 5 minutes or so, then I get this bloke on the phone who asks me what the problem is, so I explain,the power controller is stuffed - twist the handle and it works intermittently, and getting \"nothing\" is increasingly the result.

Ok he says, he has to talk to his boss because he knows nothing about electrics. another 5 minutes on hold, (getting really happy about that 1800 number by this stage), when he comes back on and asks me what the problem is, so I say \"twist the handle works intermitently, and getting \"nothing\" is increasingly the result.\"

Ok he says sounds like the power controller. (sound of Feral hitting head against wall about now) Getting pretty frustrated by then, when he says I've got a new 54 out the back, give us your address and I'll send you the new power controller out of that.

WOW - At this stage I figure thats a win, I'll just fit it myself!

Anyway we will see if it shows up, he did not ask for any proof of purchase, how long I had had it etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived