can i fish here?

alexreunion2

i just wanna ask, i live in st lucia, so, its near brisbane river, can i fish anywhere i like? or is there any fish along the river surrounding the university of queensland? can someone tell me? thanks

also, as a new guy who just started fishing..any sites or help i can get on how to tie the fishing lines or baits ? thank you

First of all welcome to the site. I'm no expert on the river as I mainly fish in the bay but as far as I know and from what I have learnt off AFO is as long as there are no signs telling you you can't then go for it...( as far as I know) as for knots the best bet is to google for knots as trying to explain knots by typing instructions is almost impossible. I reckon considering that knot keep your hook on the line and hooks keep your fish a $10 knot book is a great investment. Good luck.:)

• 3 weeks later...

G'day mate.

You can fish pretty much anywhere around St Lucia. Just stay off private pontoons and city cat pontoons.

There is a huge variety of fish available in the river and most would be found in those stretches.

Species you could encounter include, Bream, Flathead, Salmon, Catfish, Eels, Sharks and so on.

Have a good read through other Brisbane Fishing reports.

I noticed you posted this in \"Frehswater\" which is not accurate. Ill move it to the \"General Fishing\" section which should also see it earn some more responses.

That stretch of river is technically Salt/Brakish. At the moment it would be pretty salty due to the serious lack of rain.

welcome to the site mate.

Angus

alexreunion2 wrote:

i just wanna ask, i live in st lucia, so, its near brisbane river, can i fish anywhere i like? or is there any fish along the river surrounding the university of queensland? can someone tell me? thanks

also, as a new guy who just started fishing..any sites or help i can get on how to tie the fishing lines or baits ? thank you

well, you'll have to find some spots to fish. one word of caution tho - read the tides well. The fish here switch off at slack tide. THe currents run really really fast as well, so time your trips accordingly.

loads of fish and prawns in the river tho - lost my shark rig over the side last month, lost an estimated 1metre + threadie today ( it tailwalked when it neared the pontoon so i managed to see it) - it then shot towards the mangroves and i went for broke, but my leader gave way -_-., huge catties, bream, moses perch, cod etc

Archived