new guy that wants to learn....badly lol

Oceandonkey

Hi all,

I just bought a 4.2m Stessco RV catcher, got my boat license just yesterday. Iv been fishing with my gf for the past few months of jetties river banks etc.

So we set out from Manly boat ramp at 6am this morning ready to bring in the motherload that afternoon cos hey now we have a boat, were not limited to bridge space anymore.

after 8 hours fishing around st helena, green island and out the front of manly my girlfriend succesfully caught 1 fish about the size of my middle finger.

did i do anything wrong with baits? I bought the berkly yabbies cos OMG 400x extra scent dispersion, they should have been jumping in my boat.i threw out a few different coloured soft plastics in the 1.5-3m region around st helena. I went and bought live blood worms, we had a fish from our last fishing event that we kept for bait cos it wasnt worth cooking 1 fish and that didnt work.

the worst part was there was NO wind at all the water was like a mirror most of the day so we both just sat there boiling.

was i fishing around the right area? was i using right baits? did a nuclear bomb go off in the bay and wipe out all marine life overnight?any hints on fishing the bay cos im dead keen going out tomorrow this time launching closer to home at wellington point at around 6am again. If any of you are there and see a boat driving backwards towing a subaru attached give me a hollar cos any tip no matter how big or small, even on my clothing style will be muchly appreciated : P

For the love of god we just want to catch 1 legal fish.....is that to much to ask kekekekek : D

Archived