Airlie Beach - What to Do or See

Bri The Pom

post-7571-144598544346_thumb.jpg

post-7571-144598544343_thumb.jpg

post-7571-144598544339_thumb.jpg

G;DAy Bri, mate Aerlie is great take one of the day trips to the outer reef, the one with the submarine, its fantastic there. Aerlie is a great place full of backpackers (poms mainly) and has some great nightlife for all ages there will be heaps of fishing opportunities there. last time I went one of the couples on the boat was on about going ona Barra fishing tour the next day. when you get there sus out all the tourist shops theres plenty of them they will give you the lowdown on all the things to do there. Best fish and chips I've bought in Aus there too they use red Emperor as a normal battered fish.

Just got back from early with the boys from the footy trip. I can tell you what the pubs look like (vaguely :P ) and that there are heaps of backpackers!

Seriously though, I've been up there quite a bit.

Its worth your while to: - get out to reefworld for a snorkel or scuba

- try and get on one of the trips to whitehaven beach.

- a day trip to daydream island or hamilton island is also worth a look.

- also some pretty good fishing charters

Happy birthday too Brian!

happy bday m8. try any of the rock walls around the marinas for trevs.

charters are hit & miss unless you go way offshore.(imo) the inner reefs are heavily fished by charter operators. I went on one 2 years ago, & we didnt get any keepers. lots of under sized fish, although, a good variety of colourful reef species. the only decent fish was a barramundi cod. (now protected).

great place, great pubs, & lots of backpackers.

enjoy

Archived