Quick goldy sesh sponsored by Damiki

51MPL

Had work christmas luncheon (sp) down the goldy on the weekend so snuck out for a flick afterwards.. water still dirty and pretty rough country so upped to 6lb and tied on my fav 38mm DR crackjack; and when i say fav i mean its caught me 19 fish so far :side:

It's getting to a point where im scared to tie it on cos i dont wanna lose it! hahaha

Anyhoo about 10 casts in this little guy jumped on

155389_462432797917_656477917_5729452_4991131_n.jpg

Little later on picked up this guy

154266_461926897917_656477917_5721252_6574352_n.jpg

Then the inevitable short takes, grab the lure and run but can't hookup, follows but they wouldn't commit and then i called it a day. Fished for 2 hours but either way donut avoided and got to get outside for a walk around :lol:

Quick question - the bib on that dr is so scuffed up, not affecting how the lure swims but can i sand it down or how can u mod the bibs on hardbodies?

im definitely getting less fish than normal lately.. i manage one early on in the session but then the dry spell kicks in and i cant find another fish for ages..

beats the days with nothing for hours on end though >.>

definitely need to get out with you soon for some of that surface fishing rob, ur reports are awsome

Btw how did you go kft?

Yeah I went pretty good considering the conditions were below average. My gaol for the event was to make top ten and with only two fish caught, 23.7cm FL and 25cm FL I came 8th and picked up a nice pair of Mako sunnies. Unfortunately the sunnies are useless to me as I wear prescription sunnies :(

There was only one full bag of five caught for the day and several 3 bag 2's and bags of only one fish entered and many donuts. I caught about 15 undersized bream, 20+ flathead ranging from 20 to 45cm and small trevally so not really a bad day.

I didn't bother with a report because no photos were taken apart from the fish entered.

Forgot to mention that both fish were caught on the Damiki 3 inch armour shad in the moibi colour.

This weekend 5th, dan25 and myself will be competeing in the Hobie ABT Tweed event.

May seem like a silly question but are Pontoon 21 and Damiki the same company. That crackerjack 38 I looked up and saw that it said Pontoon 21 lures.

Maybe I'm missing something ?? haha probably :blink:

nah mate, not a silly question, Pontoon 21 and Damiki are seperate companies that i both represent in Australia. Both companies have massive ranges that include rods, braid, flouro, accessories and lures. Pontoon 21 is a recent addition to the line up only appearing since late August this year.

Archived