Rapists!!!!!!!

kiwifisho

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I say this and get flamed..... I am in full agreement with everything that has been said on this thread already. Bag limits are in place and need to be adhered to or face a fine. No problems with that.

So here goes....

If these guys didn't rape the place, how long would it take to for the fish in there to starve and die. I would rather see them put up in the dam again but if not, many many will most likely die in there due to lack of food. How long would this take, I don't know but it does make you think.

Cheers

you do have a point that the system may struggle to support a large population in the long term, but with the continuing dam releases the area must be getting flushed out and new food sources from the dam will come with that fresh water.

I don't really care that people are taking fish for a feed, good on em. It keeps them fed and will help with overcrowding(if that becomes an issue).

What I do care about is the willfull disregard for the law and the lack of enforcement.

Before I say this and get flamed..... I am in full agreement with everything that has been said on this thread already. Bag limits are in place and need to be adhered to or face a fine. No problems with that.

So here goes....

If these guys didn't rape the place, how long would it take to for the fish in there to starve and die. I would rather see them put up in the dam again but if not, many many will most likely die in there due to lack of food. How long would this take, I don't know but it does make you think.

Cheers

Fair comment mate but as Rocket said, its the blattant disregaurd for the law, not only that but the stocking program. The PRFMA dont stock the dam just to watch them get havested by people of all races. Next thing we will be seein nets across the river, thats wen all hell will break loose. There is enough food in the system for all the fish and with all the rain we are ment to bre getting over summer as Rocket said it will be getting replenished all the time with each Dam release.

Kiwi ;)

BBM I understand what your saying.

One has to bear in mind, the Wbb`s are having an easy havesting time at the moment with the abundant source,but when this bonanza is finished for them, they just put in more time and effort,there and else where, doing the same thing regardless of the rules the rest of us follow

So the way I look at it is,these types are not only illegally taking fish,they`re also crapping on you, me and the others who do the right thing.

Education is the number one key. I, for one, have tried really hard to teach myself rules and regulations but would disappoint myself time and again... unfortunately. Sometimes learning all the rules can be daunting... even for the keen learner.

Then once everyone already knows AT LEAST the bare minimum knowledge of the existing laws, implementation is next on the agenda.

Lastly, if both Education and proper Implementation of the regulations fail..... the last resort is...

Execution.

By firing squad or maybe lethal injection.

EMP

PS Merry Christmas and a Great and Happy New Year to All !!!

• 4 weeks later...

the best way to educate people is to catch em doing the wrong thing and fine em. if they get caught again take away the car, boat or whatever got them the fish! As for stocking..there's a reason that people stock dams on a regular basis. 30% of what goes in never reaches maturity. herons, shags eat plenty of fish all sizes and almost every fish in a dam worth fishing for will eat fingerlings. there's others natural sources fo death for fish..temps, disease blah blah.

Facts are people are the way they are..if they can get an easy feed they will.

Reporting people to the proper authorities is the way to go. It saves a lot of issues least of all wearing a machette for a necklace..not a good look! If your complaints fall on deaf ears just be satisfied you've done your bit. It's not a perfect world and there simply isn't enough people around to police all the areas all the time. I hate to see decent fisho's lower themselves to acts like greasing under the door handles or letting down tires or shoving spuds up exhaust pipes of these 'rapists'..no no it's not on! But if ya do can ya take a sneaky vid it would be very funny to watch..:laugh:

• 2 months later...

i didnt want to start a whole new topic but i figured this would be the best place to post this.

i noticed someone else who was a freelance journalist wanting to write on this topic, however, im a Journalism student and UQ. For one of our classes, we need to choose a text publication of our chose. Ive chosen a fishing magazine and was wanting to do an article on the this very topic.

I was hoping there would be someone who could help me answer any questions i have or even if you have photos i could use. my main issue is the photographs. currently im not actually getting much time to go out and do some fishing of my own and get first hand pics of the small fish i catch and have to throw back or something like that.

i noticed the article in the northern times had a good photo, but i dont want to plagiarise. if anyone with good information would be willing to help me out with answers for my questions or photos would be greatly appreciated.

if all goes well, i will send the article to the editor of the magazine who i have contact with and hopefully he can do something about bringing the issue more exposure.

if you can help please PM me. thanks in advance guys.

Archived