Question for Troy (Blue_Mako)

Angus

Yeah I'm loving the Sol. I am quite impressed with it and yes I do prefer it over my Aspires and Stella. My Finesse Customs are on their way so they should be here soon :) .

So far I would recommend Daiwa over Shimano, but I've only used the one Daiwa reel extensively besides my Millionaire SW baitcaster. I couldn't really say I'm a 100% Daiwa person now as I haven't used them for all that long but so far I'm leaning towards Daiwa.

Troy

Sorry didn't mention any pros or cons. So far I'm liking the compact feel of the Sol even though it's a bigger reel. All the major components seem to be closer to the reel then the Shimanos. i.e. The bail arm and handle. It feels a lot different but I prefer the Sol.

The drag capacity on the Sol over say a Twin Power (Almost equal in price) is much higher, Sol having around 6-7kg with the Twin Powers 2-3kg. Also I like the build of the drag, the Daiwa drag is much more complex and it looks as though they have put more effort into the design and strength.

Though the Sol is around 60-70grams heavier by memory then a Twin Power but i would say it's worth it.

Also the Twin Power has 7 BB with all being ARB (Anti Rust Bearings) whereas the Sol has 7 BB with only 3 of which are CRBB (Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearing).

I like the Sol much better as an all round reel and it will be the reel I use mostsly from now on I would say, even more then my Finesse Customs as they are for light spinning. But what I really like is with Daiwas taller spool and top heavy line lay you get less wind knots then Shimanos which is probably the best difference between the two.

Lastly, why are you asking Gus? Planning on forking out for another spin combo? :P .

Troy

Archived