Wet weather gear? what do you use...

fishingnut

My wife has the mountain design waterproof jacket and i have the columbia thunderstorm jacket and both are breathable fabric so they arent hot and yes they do keep the water out wheather its rain or swell coming over the side . Columbia also do the trousers in thunderstorm as well though i havent tried them ...matt P.S have a look at the columbia store at D.F.O at brissy airport they sometimes have run out items on sale there ,matt

When I used to have a motorbike years ago I picked up a set of pants and (oversized) jacket which worked a treat riding in wet weather. If you dont mind spending money for something that will keep you dry and hi-viz, check out your local motorbike retailer. From memory the brand was DriRider (or something similar).

When I used to have a motorbike years ago I picked up a set of pants and (oversized) jacket which worked a treat riding in wet weather. If you dont mind spending money for something that will keep you dry and hi-viz, check out your local motorbike retailer. From memory the brand was DriRider (or something similar).

Yep, me too. I have the lightweight summer Dri Rider pants and jacket. They keep out the driving rain at 100km/hr.

I figure if the rain and wind reach 100km/hr while I'm fishing, it's probably time to go home!

Not happy with rainbird jacket I have to reseak the seams of jacket around every 3rd use. It was ok for around 6 months and then started leaking. The trousers leaked from new

.Have had bourke gear from whitworths that leaked from new ended up getting money back after 2 exchanges.

had an ex ses jacket that was excellent untill i tore a hole in shoulder and have just scrounged a new one from son in law.

Also trying out a pair of drizabone trousers that did not leak in heavy rain on last outing. They are a little heavy but if they remain waterproof who cares. I also have a drizabone coat coming from ebay and will report on it .

Cheers

Ray

marlin brand. from bcf. thumbs up so far from me. has a good hood that dosnt flap and flick ya in the face when the winds up,

drizabone are good. i got a trench coat style there a bit heavy then other rain coats real good in the heavy rain. sometimes the cotton drill lining in the sleve gets wet down near the wrist part and after a bit of time in the rain i end up with wet lower sleves on the inside.

Archived