How much will you spend on fishing gear in 2011 ?

ellicat

How much will you spend on fishing gear ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you spend on fishing gear ?

• Less than $100
    • $100 - $500
    • $500 -$1,000
    • $1,000- $2,000
    • More than $2,000

happy to say my only fishing expenses this year have been a few bouts of leader (if we're not counting fuel, ice etc)

dropped tons on materials and random r&d for the lure business but that doesn't quite count

in saying all this i spent way way too much the last couple yrs on tackle so i don't need to buy any rods/reels or related items for some time to come

I have only spent $180.00 on fishing gear so far this year.

That was spend on Owner and gamakatsu trebles to replace the crappy trebles that were on my lures that bent under such a small amount of pressure, circle hooks, jig heads, Soft plastics, hard bodies, poppers, spinners, a backpack/ chair and rod holder in one, wellies, Daiwa cap.

planning on spending roughly the same if not slightly more on my birthday in april, plan on getting my second rod and reel combo, this time a Daiwa and some other bits and peices.

I have recently started fishing again and updated the collection, kinda starting fresh can be quite expensive !!!

When you add things like

New Stradic FI 3000 and CI4-2500

Team Daiwa & Shimano Rods

Plastics, poppers, jig heads, metal slugs, hard bodies, hooks, sinkers etc..

Cast net, fish net, buckets

Anyway 2k will easily be spent, I need to catch about 200 fish for the table to kinda make the money back hahahahahaha

• 2 months later...

Question for all that have posted in this thread, what percentage of your budget will you spent at local tackle shops and what percentage will you spend online and internationally?

Personally I probably wont spend more than 5% anywhere else than my local tackle shop, might pay a little more sometimes but for me I prefer to have a valid warranty on my gear and I want these local independents to stay in business for years to come.

We should all support the guys that support us!

cant spend near as much as i like saving saving saving paying off car and schoolies and rego and insurance :( barely spent a 100 dollars this year well maybe a lil more camo stick a few lures some leader and stuff but nothing like previous years but once i get some stuff payed offf :D

Yeah mate thats been me last two years, thankfully we got our schoolies room for half of what most of my mates aid :silly:

Archived