i hate the geens

ipk18

This is something i just found what the Greens think, what about vic, nsw floods and last year the reason for no rain was globle warming.

GREENS leader Bob Brown says the coal mining industry should foot the bill for the Queensland floods because it helped cause them.

The floods are Queensland's worst for nearly 40 years, with more than 26,000 homes affected and at least 16 people killed.

Senator Brown said the Federal Government should impose the original version of the Resources Super Profits Tax, and use the funds to pay for the clean-up.

"It's the single biggest cause - burning coal - for climate change and it must take its major share of responsibility for the weather events we are seeing unfolding now," he said in Hobart today.

"We know that the oceans around Australia are at record high temperatures, and that's causing the moisture in the air which is leading to these catastrophic floods.

When did the coal mining in Australia start? On channel 7 news flashback tonight they showed the flood levels of 1974 and the curren flood as well as a flood that whent through the city in the 1890's that was 4 meters higher then the 74 flood.

There have actually been lots of floods in brisbane. See http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tacklebox/river-history

When did the coal mining in Australia start? On channel 7 news flashback tonight they showed the flood levels of 1974 and the curren flood as well as a flood that whent through the city in the 1890's that was 4 meters higher then the 74 flood.

Here's one for the GUMBBIE bob brown in the flood's of 1893 brisbane had 2 floods of over 8metre's so I think this ass bandit need's to do his reserch before he open his mouth.

I think that most people know that i am an environmentalist and am not ashamed of it. In this case i think it might be a little bit of shit-stirring on bob's behalf but if it wasn't for people like him the earth would be in a lot sorrier state than it is now. Put all the climate change stuff aside and ask yourself if you want to live in a concrete jungle with rivers that you can walk on, like in India?? The mining industry has certainly picked up its game in terms of rehabilitating its previous sites but without greenies greedy developers would just be able to rape the land and sell it back to the people who owned it in the first place. By the way all of the flood data pre-wivenhoe has absolutely no relevance now and cannot be compared to current flood levels.

I think that most people know that i am an environmentalist and am not ashamed of it. In this case i think it might be a little bit of shit-stirring on bob's behalf but if it wasn't for people like him the earth would be in a lot sorrier state than it is now. Put all the climate change stuff aside and ask yourself if you want to live in a concrete jungle with rivers that you can walk on, like in India?? The mining industry has certainly picked up its game in terms of rehabilitating its previous sites but without greenies greedy developers would just be able to rape the land and sell it back to the people who owned it in the first place. By the way all of the flood data pre-wivenhoe has absolutely no relevance now and cannot be compared to current flood levels.

Gee Rob not have ago here however I think you are giving the greens a lot more credit than they are due. I originally I studied Ag Science with land resource management as my major. Science and industry bodies have more to do with the change in processes than an extreme group of people that have a really loose grip on science and the truth.

Many of us do hold and practice sincere and understandable environmental and conservational beliefs.

The whole "green thing" was hijacked and raped many decades ago.

Constant blatant crap,spruiked by the rabids and the politically motivated ,just turn more people away from the real issues of the true environmental and conservational needs.

As far as shit-stirring is concerned,I`m not sure He knows what is natural and what is unnatural

The way I see it, the more the greens push idealism in the public light without a solid evidentiary background, the more clouded the real issues get.

therefore ya mate bob jumping up and down about this that and the other thing is probably doing more harm than good for the environment, because good management requires good science instead of emotive guesswork

There is a wide gap between being green in the true sense and being a follower/supporter/believer in The Greens

The Greens are full of people with two heads and only half a brain. Their followers may include some smart people who are in love with, what they believe is, the concept but are too disinterested in what they are really supporting.

Here's Bob's latest video he put out on 12 Jan 2011.

A very strange spending priority at this time in my opinion.

...but Brown is a politician way more than he is a true conservationist/greeny.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4F39cDhfE

370 OOO for a feasability study 15 mil to build it.

In comparison that amount of money would.

Remove Luscombe wier

Remove old mt crosby wier

Build a viable fishway on mt crosby wier.

Complete the Mary river cod reasearch and recovery plan including a new hatchery for it.

Provide enough funds to continue with research and production of fingerlings for southern sub species Jungle Perch restoration.

But what the hell, lets build a footpath in Canberra.

This is something i just found what the Greens think, what about vic, nsw floods and last year the reason for no rain was globle warming.

GREENS leader Bob Brown says the coal mining industry should foot the bill for the Queensland floods because it helped cause them.

The floods are Queensland's worst for nearly 40 years, with more than 26,000 homes affected and at least 16 people killed.

Senator Brown said the Federal Government should impose the original version of the Resources Super Profits Tax, and use the funds to pay for the clean-up.

"It's the single biggest cause - burning coal - for climate change and it must take its major share of responsibility for the weather events we are seeing unfolding now," he said in Hobart today.

"We know that the oceans around Australia are at record high temperatures, and that's causing the moisture in the air which is leading to these catastrophic floods.

75% of the dreaded carbon produced by coal fired power stations is captured before leaving the chimney thing. A figure the industry is continually working to improve. Any impost on these fellas will trickle through the economy like the floods through Grantham. There is not one thing we do or use in our lives today that does not rely in some way on electricity.

Clothes

Food

Transport

Medication

Home appliances

Computers

Cars

Bikes

Tooth brushes

Water

Charity

Posting a letter

Paper production

Fish stocking

You name it and there will be somewhere in the process line where electricity is essential.

About the only thing I can think of is starting a fire in the nude with two sticks from naturally sewn trees.

I dont think we should forget who put them into the position of Power within the Govt, Gillard sold her party out to the Greens to get into power I'm sure Brown will take every advantage of this to push their agenda home holding Labor to ransom for his vote when he can and in the process maintain her position, hopefully people will realise the idiotic things they are pushing by the time of the next elections and I think their time will be over for the time being

that footpath gibberish would be a great one for the fluff press (today tonight/aca/etc) to publicise, i'm sure with the many thousands of flood victims and damaged infrastructure, nobody in australia would appreciate head in the clouds bob proposing a pretty footpath in canberra to soak up a decent chunk of money that could go towards rebuilding

Archived