Green Island last night

Feral

Well had an option to get out shark fishing with Ray and Alex last night, weather was not great, blowing about 20 knots. It was the only time we had available, so we went anyway.

Nasty chop, but thankfully wind and tide were running together. Launched at the Weinham Creek marina,(about 5 minutes from Ray's) chucked the cast net for a few livies and then about 6:30ish headed out.

Ray's new boat took the chop in its stride, 30kph (about 1/2 throttle)across to Green Island quartering across about a 3 foot chop. Hardly any spray over the bow, just pitched a little until I moved my lard arse from the port seat to the middle of the boat!

Anyway we anchored up and dropped some livies under floats out over the back, Ray and Alex rigged up some pillies on gangs and tossed them over the side. I had taken my box of big lures, so I proceeded to go through the entire box over the bow for not so much as a touch! After that I also resorted to pillies.

Alex got a 70cm Shovel Nose on a pillie, nothing on the livies or other lines. It was a little uncomfortable anchored in the chop, so with no action, we gave it away about 8:30 and headed home.

Got a couple of photo's of the Shovel Nose on Rays phone, but forgot to download them. Hey not like you haven't seen one!

Archived