Another NPD addict created. ( I think)

rayke1938

Took woodlaz up to NPD this morning to show him what a good catch of redclaw looks like.

I nearly called the trip off as it was raining and storming when I left home but decided to make the decision at the gate.

Poured rain for most of the trip up there but had eased off and mininal wind so the deciswion was go for it.

Fishing as normal was mediocre with only 2 tilapia and around 12 gar and one turtle landed.

post-230-144598573132_thumb.jpg

Sorry I only took one photo.

Anyhow back to the claw. They were fairly thick with quite a few pots having over 50 in each.

I loved looking at the expression on Glenns face each time I pulled a good pot.

He ended up with a good haul with the esky hardly having room for the ice.

I think that Glenn has a few photos.

Thanks for the company.

Cheers

Ray

G'day Guys,

What the title says is spot on. I was absolutely amazed as Ray was bring up the pots - I thought the pots with 10 or 20 claw in em were awesome. Then up comes ones with 50+ in em.I'm still shaking my head in disbelief as I look at the photos.

It was an excellent day out and I learnt quite a few things about freshwater. You could not ask for a better skipper. I thought we were gonna split the catch and when Ray said he didnt want any, my jaw dropped :woohoo: I had to remove all my drink bottles and food from the esky just to fit em all in, even then the lid wouldnt close properly until a bit of ice had melted. I have already given a bag each to some family members and still have a ton left. Can't wait to start trying different mthods of cooking and pickling them (in about an hours time hahah).

Again, I'd like to thank Ray for everything he made happen. You have created another NPD addict and look forward to doing it again.

Heres a couple of pictures

post-2162-144598573243_thumb.jpg

post-2162-144598573251_thumb.jpg

post-2162-144598573259_thumb.jpg

post-2162-144598573266_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ray, you have even made my dog happy hahaha.

Cheers

Woodlaz

Archived