PB Flathead

Howie

Hay guys

Was fishing down the Jumpinpin last thursday morning. Was a good day on the water except for a few heavy passing showers which if anything cooled us down. Not a lot in the fish department to comment on, a few small bream, flathead and a small sweetlip as well.

Although I did manage to get myself a new PB flathead on a 110mm squidgy flick bait, big fan of the squidgy pro series SP's.

post-7930-144598573362_thumb.jpg

She measured 70cm and put up a rather good fight. I released her unharmed to fight another day :)

post-7930-144598573367_thumb.jpg

post-7930-14459857337_thumb.jpg

cheers

Howie

@ Angus....Yea it was pretty good for a change, last few weeks its been pretty ordinary. Although it was at the top of the high tide, then when it began to drop the water colour deteriated drastically, it looked like bad parts of the logan :(

One more thing. At the bottom of the low off the point there on crusoe island where theres apparently a 'reef'...my mate was using livies and hooked onto something huge! it took him for a 90min ride all over the pin area towards the pin, back down along straddie then back towards kalanga bank. They didn't get a look at the fish and on light bream gear was no where near tiring before it broke off.

Any ideas what it could of been? Im tipping a shark just over the 1m mark?

Nice flathead. On the 90min Fish. I'd guess a Stingray because, on bream gear, a shark would have worn through the line either biting (1sec flat), or if jaw hooked, it's tail would have worn it through within minutes. A Jewie probs wouldn't have swum around as much and covered as much ground, but that's just my opinion...

• 3 weeks later...

so rob...not entirely sure on what your asking there but I'll have a go :)

What has it done for my fishing? well at the moment not a lot...I've only had a chance to take her out a few times because of work and Uni commimentments and haven't really caught much. Although the freedom of going wherever and whenever possible is great. I have learnt a lot more about the areas I usually fish having less traveling time between spots and trying new things.

So right now I'm in a learning stage going from mostly land based SP fishing to more from a boat, learning new techniques and appreciating the great state we live in and what great water ways it has.

Don't know if this is what you were after? But its a go.

Shaun

Archived