Fishing newbie, where can i go???

etam

More info mate.

Thats like the broadest question in the world. The short list would be hundreds of locations long.

Firstly: What sort of fishing? Where are you based? What means of transport do you have available to you etc.......

My best advice would be to have a good look through the fishing reports in the forums. These will outline dozens of possibilities for you, with tips on whats there and how to catch them!

Sorry not to be more helpful so no offence intended. Its just really to broad of a question to answer properly.

Angus

P.S. Happy first post and welcome to the site :)

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/05/22 21:19

Hey mate welcome to then site, having asked this question about 1 month ago i think i can help you a bit.

iv been pretty keen about it going in my boat every weekend and what i have learnt so far is.

1 fish around high tide... its better than fishing the low tide.

2 use prawns for bait, they seem to work best for me. especially for the bream.

3 drop a line in anywhere and everywhere. your not going to be able to find a gold mine straight up (unless of course your neighbour has a really big fish tank)

Thats the main thing i have learnt from the pro's on the site and iv gone from catching no fish to being able to at least land a few even if they are undersize and few and far between..... if you just want the enjoyment of catching fish and not actually eating them then hit up the brisbane river. I had a good session of catfish on the weekend that was so much fun my best day 7 fish :woohoo:

be careful though this whole fishing thing can be dangerous.... it started out being a small hobby for me and the gf at about $300 for rods, reels, tackle etc

2 months later and iv spent about $8000 on the sport.

Yeah mate angus is right not knowing where you are situated makes that a hard one there are plenty of good spots on the G.C and plenty on the north coast and shit loads in between. The best bet is look up your local area in the UBD and then look for water, grab your rod and give it a go. If it is no good then try somewhere else and to you get success....I was once told by an old friend of mine that \"If you never get lost you never find new and interesting places\"....you never know you might be able to post a great fishing spot none of us have heard about in a few months time. Good luck. ;)

Archived