berkley Powerbait & Gulp -.Aus customs

mojo

Gday guys, I am thinking of buying some powerbait from the good ol USA but have heard customs often seize this kind of stuff.

anyone have good or bad experience doing this?

you can basically get 2 packs delivered for the price of what one pack costs here.

Considering what powerbiats costs here, id be happier just buyign them from the tackle store and having them in my hand right away.

I am always careful of duty and postage costs. Thats why when i Ebay search i only bother doing it locally.

Angus

You will have no problems with customs as long as the landed cost including postage is under $1000AU, Just realise if they send it surface mail it can take up to 3 months. Airmail is usually 1 - 2 weeks.The mail has slowed up a fair bit since they xray everything.

Ray

Thanks guys, I can get 20 packs of powerbait and 30 jigs haeds for around $80 aud inc shipping. that works out around $4 per pack, I just think this stuff is way overpriced locally and figure it will keep ok in the fridge freezer until needed.

What concerns me is customs confiscating the stuff due to smell chemicals etc.

be careful with the gulps as they are organic. you will need the mob you buy from to make sure they include a manufacturers data sheet which basically lists all the stuff that is in them. I just bought in 140 packs of gambler studs & they were quarantined because the sheet was left out, i had 30 days to sort it out or they were going to be destroyed,:( took 12 days for them to let me know, was lucky i had a sheet here i could use as it sometimes gets hard to get one from overseas in a hurry.

i can't imagine there would be a problem as they are allow pure fishing to import them..

Post edited by: Felix, at: 2007/05/29 13:39

I have heard stories of \"psuedo plastics\" (IE organic baits such as gulps powerbaits moulded into plastic shapes etc) being confiscated, but it is not consistant, so if your up for the risk, give it a go. It's only $80, worth a shot I'd reckon.

Archived