Port of Brisbane rock wall 26/05

Cliffy

So...finally managed to sneak out around 2:30pm, put in at Colmslie and we were fishing the channel marker at the mouth of the river by 3:30pm. Tried all the usual stuff, even the young fella (who normally outfishes me 10-1:blush: - on the upside, taught him everything he knows, but not everything I know:evil:) wasn't getting any bites. Gave it an hour then picked up the hook and tried trolling to the next spot - the outside face of the new rock wall at the end of the port. No good on the lures, but did see 2 big sea turtles and a large pod of dolphins on the way...nice to see that level of marine life so close to the city:).

Hit the rock wall spot about 4:20pm and dropped the hook about 30m out in about 15 feet of water. Baited up a mix of 2/0's and 4/0's with squid and pilchards and bingo - within 30 seconds of hitting the water, the young fella had his first squire of the season, around 32cm:woohoo:. Within seconds I managed a slightly smaller specimen of around 28cm:woohoo::woohoo:. This kind of action continued until sunset, when the spot turned into grinner city with a few large resident stingrays (real fun on 6lb line!). Finally gave up after the 3rd metre+ wide stinger and motored home, bought fish and chips for dinner on the way:blush:

Post edited by: Cliffy, at: 2007/05/27 21:21

Archived