Swivel snap-clips ? (whatever they're called)

51MPL

Have tried them out for one session and seem to go ok, being landbased it kills a lot of time (and opportunities) cutting off lure; put it away; new one out then retie, check the knot then cast and by that time they're not busting up anymore :P

Only landed a few small bream and trevally but has seemed to go ok, was wondering if anyone else uses them?

If only we had the luxure of different rods setup so we can just pick up another combo and go, damn boaties and yakers ><

i tend to use the snaps alot because i like changing lures abit when looking for what the fish want. However there are alot of guys that dislike them and see them a a weakspot in their set up. its a case of each to their own. i have never lost a fish coz of it and the smaller uses do not affect the action of the lures, not that i have noticed anyway.

I used them a while back, found that the small ones you need are too fiddly to unclasp, and do affect some lures. I tie loop knots in my lures (both hb and sp), making sure I have a decent length of leader at the start of each session. The loop knot is very quick to tie, and I have never lost a fish due to it failing. The loop knot gives the lure far better freedom of movement than a swivel also.

Quite often, even land-based, I will talke two sticks with me anyway, one with surface, the other with diver etc.

Just my opinion,

Ryan.

I like the Egi snap clips that are tiny for squidding and i have used them with hardbodies a couple times also, they are so small and still easy to undo and change a jig. With the heavier jigs i lost one once because of so many casts wearing through the leader, dissapointing as i got 4x500g+ squid that night and once i lost that colour i couldnt get any more:(

Archived