Golden Trevally Caught Off The Fraser Coast !

Manni79

I just got back from an awesome camping trip up at Hervey Bay. On Monday I spent the day with Andrew from Fraser Guided Fishing Tours, I must say it was an amazing day and the weather prevented us from hitting the majority of preferred spots however he was still able to get me to some great fish!!!

Here’s a video including some pics for one of the Golden Trevally’s caught, Just wanted to post a vid as I loved how hard they pulled and the drag sounds sweeeet.... The way it took off had the guide believing it was a Tuna, at one stage this fish took about 80% of my line and took about 25/30 mins to land, every time it got it near the boat and could see some slight colour it would go for another massive run, leaving me to do it all again until I wore him out!!! Turned out to be a feisty Golden

Will write a report later once I sort through all my photos

P.S - Yes I did get a little excited :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX-Uytn_Bqw

Yeah it was so much fun, these Fish pull very hard !!! I hooked up to a few of them but one bent the hook after about 2 minutes, i just held on as he ran and then it popped out, should have taken a pic of the hook, he would have been a monster !!!

Landed 3 Golden in the end all over 70cm, this one being 86cm, also dropped 2 more !!

Awesome stuff Manni, that video is top-notch, you'll have to share some editing tips... ;)

Those Goldens pull so hard, I can't imagine one that size!?!? :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ben, It's pretty simple to put a clip together - if you have vid clips you wanna put together I can help you out and make a movie!!

I have more clips from the trip & will make another vid once i have some more time to sift through what i recorded :)

awsom travelly.

manni, did ou see any goldies finning in the shallows while you were up their???????????

Hey Kurt, The sky was quite cloudy and was windy too but the original plan was to chase em along the flats, try and target them by sight but unfortunately didn't happen that way, only a couple days earlier they caught a few Queen fish that way as well !!!

I'm organising a trip again in October / November for 2 days with them, as it's a lot warmer and they are in more numbers that time, I'm hoping we will clean some up in the shallows, it's also one of very few spots in the world where marlin also swim along the coast in the shallows !!

awsom travelly.

manni, did ou see any goldies finning in the shallows while you were up their???????????

Hey Kurt, The sky was quite cloudy and was windy too but the original plan was to chase em along the flats, try and target them by sight but unfortunately didn't happen that way, only a couple days earlier they caught a few Queen fish that way as well !!!

I'm organising a trip again in October / November for 2 days with them, as it's a lot warmer and they are in more numbers that time, I'm hoping we will clean some up in the shallows, it's also one of very few spots in the world where marlin also swim along the coast in the shallows !!

yeh it is awsom up their, i have fished it for yrs and got very good trevs, queenies, trout, mackeral and tuna.

we are headin up that way ourselves in late june early july and then again in november as we are goin to enter the harvey bay game fishing classic.

awsom travelly.

yeh it is awsom up their, i have fished it for yrs and got very good trevs, queenies, trout, mackeral and tuna.

we are headin up that way ourselves in late june early july and then again in november as we are goin to enter the harvey bay game fishing classic.

Awesome, if you need extra's i would come, that place is magic !!!

awsom travelly.

Awesome, if you need extra's i would come, that place is magic !!!

i will keep that in mind

wow :woohoo: :woohoo: thats a nice golden manni!!! you got me pumped to head up there and have a crack in the lil tin. B)

Do it dude, it's sooo much fun the guide reckons anything under 10/15 knots and it's easy to get out in a tinny and back !!

Mind you when we came beack in, the wind was blowing 25 knots against the tide, not much fun!!!!

Mate that is an awesome vid! Love the commentary.

So does that guy run a sort of 1 man charter type thing??? Looks like an awesome little boat :)

"Fraser Guided Fishing Tours" The boat was a Galeforce centre console, 5 odd metres

There are 3 guides you can chose from or maybe 4 i can't remember...

On the boat i was on you can have 3 people and the skipper, i think they have 2 of these boats and there is another larger boat that holds 5 people plus the skipper.

Totally worth using these guys, very intimate and can do what ever you like, these guys have heaps of local knoweledge and are keen to get you on to trophy fish, as the day went on it felt like i was fishing with a mate !!

Archived