AFO Facebook Tab

Manni79

Well as you have seen we have added a few apps to the AFO site.

One is the 'social' plugins which you will find on threads and articles. This is a way to spread an article or forum post on AFO to your friends on these social networks.

The other addon we have added is a facebook fan page like box. This is a way for members to 'like' us on Facebook.

Another option that has been added is the ability to login to the AFO site with your facebook account. NOTE if you already have a AFO account you can go into your Profile > Edit Details and choose to link your existing AFO account to your Facebook Account.

The addition of these Facebook integrations do not interfere with the normal use of the AFO site, so if you do not have a Facebook account there is no need to worry.

One is the 'social' plugins which you will find on threads and articles. This is a way to spread an article or forum post on AFO to your friends on these social networks.

The other addon we have added is a facebook fan page like box. This is a way for members to 'like' us on Facebook.

Another option that has been added is the ability to login to the AFO site with your facebook account. NOTE if you already have a AFO account you can go into your Profile > Edit Details and choose to link your existing AFO account to your Facebook Account.

The addition of these Facebook integrations do not interfere with the normal use of the AFO site, so if you do not have a Facebook account there is no need to worry.

I don't know about the ins and outs of this stuff but good one webman after all this is the internet and it is why we can all hook up about fishing ect

If you were to share links on facebook about a post is it visible to people on FB that are not AFO members?? i.e. sharing a fishing report etc.. does that bring them back to AFO or visible from FB

Yeah I know, just saying I don't like having the tab scrolling up and down, I like having an uncluttered screen. It may not be as noticeable on the computer as it is on my phone.

doesn'y appear on my browser using my i phone, can only see it on my laptop

Yeah I know, just saying I don't like having the tab scrolling up and down, I like having an uncluttered screen. It may not be as noticeable on the computer as it is on my phone.

Unsure what you are experiencing. Are you talking about the app that sits in the bottom right corner of your browser screen? It should not scroll up or down.

doesn'y appear on my browser using my i phone, can only see it on my laptop

Aha you're right Manni, it's not on my iphone only on the x10. Might change browser on x10 and see if that gets rid of it. Thanks mate.

Wow anti facebook police!

Hahahaha.

I personally find facebook a fantastic tool. I have over a dozen mates who live and work over seas who I manage to keep well and truly up to date with through it and all for free. Information, picture and message exchange with these "real" mates keep me from bagging it out. It is was you make of it.

In addition there are several dozen Brisbane based anglers who have so far discovered AFO through its Facebook page. For a site that relies largely on search engines and word of mouth this is a great result. Just illustrating that the interactivity works both ways.

Angus

The ability to share the forum with Facebook members feels like an invasion of privacy to me.

I question the fact that Facebook members have not signed up and agreed to abide by AFO's terms of use.

One of the main reasons I joined this site is because the forum is only accessible by other AFO members.

It's also one of the reasons why I don't post a lot on other forums that are open to the general public.

I joined up after the SOO and immediatly got alot of emails from people wanting to be my friend.From what i can gather it steals your email address book and has a look to see if the people in it are on facebook and generates an email.

Gave me the sh!ts as I have enough spam already so I opted out.

Could we have the F tab on the right hand side of the page so I dont hit it accidently every time I scroll down when I am browsing the unread posts page.

Cheers

Ray

Tacklebox: Ill check with Webby but I dont think someone from facebook can view the forum unless they are a AFO member. Only if they are a registrant of both... If I am wrong here I totally see your point but I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about privacy wise.

Ray: When you signed up someone from AFO (possibly even me) probably "Suggested friends" to you from their own list of existing contacts. This is a feature facebook offers to prevent new members having to systematically search through names to find who they want to "add". You can of course reject any suggestions by a simple click of the button.

Cheers.

Angus

I'm with T/box on this one RE: privacy, personally I'd like to stop the two from interacting with one another if possible. I don't like the fact that the plugin/app on AFO is using my FB cookies without my consent (I know it's not required, but it would be nice to have been asked). So even though I am performing two separate processes on different web pages one is obviously acquiring details from the other.

As constructive feedback, if members would like to add FB to their AFO experience then maybe they should be given an option to agree and activate the plugin/app. Otherwise I'd like to keep them separate as a standard please?

Hope that helps?

Eug

Just to clarify for those who don't know. Cookies are little bits of text stored on your computer by websites that save stuff like authentication, login, site preferences, etc.

Archived