best fishing achievement

madmullet

I quite enjoyed this weekends shenanigans.

I met up with a customer from work at Straddie. His nephew wanted to catch a decent fish so gave him a rod and some pointers and he got smoked a couple of times on the pier. I summonsed Dassa over and after a bitter battle managed to remove Ryan from the boat and get the young bloke on. First cast with the awesome skipper Dassa is, he hooked up and landed his first trev.

Couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

Thanks for making the kids week Dassa (even if you are a big goose) :kiss:

post-1039-144598642921_thumb.jpg

My greatest fishing achievement would have to be switching to circle hooks (Thanks Kurt)

My catch rate has increased dramatically since doing it and my enjoyment for fishing has also increased

Has it really made that much of a difference? how do you bait up a circle hook?

Oh and nice fish tomca, sorry for random interuption

hello boys.

Best achievement would have to be the first bream on hard body. (atomic 38 mid-diver)

I was campin/fishing the inskip area and jumped out of the boat and was walking a sand flat. Scouted a little drop off within casting distance. Put one out and got a few taps so

I put another out there and pulled in a 30+(Didnt have a ruler) breambo on my new

xL t-cure outfit. I was a happy man.

A few whiting on atomics and sx-40's was also special but they were only babies.

Thanks for listening

Craigo

Sooooooo many achievements since I joined AFO;

First fish on lure (thanks to Mr Fillet)

One of my new years wishlist fish, a 50+ snapper (Thanks to crazywalrus)

And another one of my new years wishlist fish, a mackerel (Thanks to the mack king; tugger)

I only started fishing about a year ago and cheers to Mick fillets coomera runs, Crazy walrus's bay runs, Tuggers reefs and The wanderers events It's been very successful and fun.

Having said that, It was on a wanderers event where I witnessed the naked fisherman... With the good comes bad. :lol::(

Don't really know what too pick. Entering a few ABT's this year has been a highlight. Something ive wanted to do in awhile and finally done a few and haven't donuted any yet.. B)

Another would be from a matter of months ago, when the bass fishing near mine was crazy. Original PB was 40cm, but managed to smash it with a 50, then 51, then 55 few days later. Then managed to get my Bro onto his first lure caught fish, and it was a cracker at 45cm from memory. :)

Being the first person ever (I think) to use soft plastics in the Republic of Kiribati. Made better by the fact of all the locals laughing and teasing the stupid Aussie using pieces of rubber for bait, then when I got the right SP pattern happening and was outfishing them about 20 to 1, it wiped the grins off their faces pretty quick!

Also double hookup in tight water in a reef channel, left one rod in the holder whilst playing out the other one which turned out to be a 30.5kg GT, immediately grabbed the other rod out of the holder and the fish was still on, which turned out to be a 29.5kg GT.

So many... Thats why I love fishing so much...always a new challenge ahead. Personally I have several from various ages... Definately remember my first fish which was a 45 cm Jew caught in the Pine River from a boat my uncle hired and took us out in for the day. We were a big family with a huge mortgage so money was an issue as kids. Thats when I caught the bug.... Then my first shark (1.2 mtre bully) as a 14 yr old camping on Shorcliffe Pier. First Golden Trev of the Harold Walker Jetty on Straddie (45cm). First Barra in the Tully River in 2003 (70cm). And a nice Red fishing on the reefs surrounding Northwest Island in 2006

post-8423-144598644589_thumb.jpg

I could go on and on...but the two that hold the best memories were my sons first bream when he was a little over 2, but not yet 3 yrs old (caught using tiny long shank and peeled prawns at Nudgee beach).

post-8423-1445986446_thumb.jpg

And then his first fish on SP which was a Flatty (62cm), caught flicking around Bli Bli in the Maroochy River

post-8423-144598644611_thumb.jpg

]

Archived