best fishing achievement

madmullet

ok your best fishing achievement whether it be first whiting on popper, first tagged marlin, helping another fisher out, saving up for 3 yrs so you can buy your first boat, what ever it is i would love to know........

mine is actully finding this website and being given the opatunity to take people fishing in my boats and teaching them new thing and being taught at the same time.

cheers kurt

Mine would have to be my first bream on a lure landbased. Took me months of trying here and there watching other friends land one. Learnt more about the style of fishing, upgraded my gear and finally got one with much persistence. That same day I got 2 more :D

Now it's pratically all I target whether it's in my boat or inbetween Uni classes from the land and I still love it! Great estuary sports fish.

Shaun

My best achievement was probably the morning we hooked up 22 marlin in 4 hours while at anchor in 11 fathoms of water.

We had 4 to 5 fish around the boat at any time and we were pulling baits away from fish to get them in front of bigger fish.

We ended up tagging 13 for the morning as well as 2 spanish to 20kg,2 dolphin fish and 1 Mack Tuna.

That same week I tagged 76 marlin all up and all were from a 14 ft tinny (444 stacer).

I think mine is this year, all the tips, vids and advice on lure fishing all finally clicked and I'm not just blindly casting, I'm actually targeting fish and adapting techniques to suit environments.

You never stop learning but catching fish is less of a fluke for me now as I'm getting a little more consistent.

With a 2 year old and my beautiful 1 month old daughter my best fishing achievement would be getting the hell out of this house and getting on the water :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Far out I'm going crazy!!!!!!

"This house is a f@#king prison"

"On planet bulls@#t"

"In galaxy of this sucks camel d@#ks"

My first trout on fly last September at Lake Krakenback in the Snowy Mountains. It was so cold my stripper guide froze up and my fingers were agonizingly cold. Catching the beautifully coloured brown trout was immensely satisfying.

catching a 17kg 112cm barra on a half pillie intended for jacks in the coomera river a few years ago, was just enjoying a fair few rums and thought i was seeing things when i got it boatside.. the fight was crazy with the barra hitting the air 7-8 times , the whole time i was calling it a crazzy bull shark that might jump in the boat.did not get to see it til the very end of the fight with a dull torch, mick and i both said are you seeing what i am seeing :blink::huh: :ohmy: :woohoo: mick used the smallest net to get it onboard.. i think if i got to see it in light i would have crapped at what i was seeing :lol::lol:

3 togas in a session, the first time I was having a crack at them was a little bit incredible - I think it spoilt me how easily I caught them!

The greatest would have to be my jumping mack - Were trolling 'QANTAS' lures for spaniards up in Cairns and hooked a little juvenile marlin. 12 year old me had an absolute BALL with it on 30 or 40lb line, not an easy task when it's only two kids an my mates dad on the boat - had a 12 year old backing up on the fish as his dad tried to grab leader/help me :lol: .

Some cracker stories coming guys, wesfish, that's incredible!! That's a horse wild barra anywhere!

my PB jack on surface this year is high up there and the joy of getting my first barra at mondy after 20 whole minutes of fishing.

but these days taking people fishing and getting them to do these things is ranking much more highly. Got two mates onto their first bass this year, introducing people to the joys of lures (mine of course :P ) and sharing the joy that is fishing

Discovering fishing forums! I used to like fishing, getting out maybe once a month, putting on any old hook on any old rod with any old bait and hoping to catch anything at all, then take them(or usually IT)home for dinner.

Now I love fishing and get out at least twice a week, and target particular fish with the right combo and to be able to catch a feed and release alot of fish as well!

Thanks AFO Members for a wealth of info!

It has been a great few years of fishing for me, coming to it later in life lol. I reckon all up, it would have to be the joys of jungle-bashing for remote sweetwater, and a newfound addiction of rock fishing. By far, the greatest part however, has been sharing in these adventures with the lads from AFO....and the sledging that comes along with it ha ha ha!!!

Cheers fellas, some great stories here.

Ryan.

It has been a great few years of fishing for me, coming to it later in life lol. I reckon all up, it would have to be the joys of jungle-bashing for remote sweetwater, and a newfound addiction of rock fishing. By far, the greatest part however, has been sharing in these adventures with the lads from AFO....and the sledging that comes along with it ha ha ha!!!

Ryan.

Sounds like you need a good white bucketing mate.

Ryan.

Sounds like you need a good white bucketing mate.

Hmmm.....Maybe, yes, now that you mention it; (notice the semi-colon) I believe you are right :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :P

It may not be the best achievement ever but it's definantly my favourite. I caught the Murray Cod shown in my profile picture about a month ago. What made it so good was rubbing it in when my mates had previously told me that i wouldn't be catching a Cod. A little planning and some perserverance pays off, you just got sort your game plan out and stick to it.

Cheers lads.

Archived