Good Aquarium / Fish Store Near Brissy ??

Manni79

Hi All

Going to start up a new saltwater tank, however hoping people can recomend some good places to buy the kit and fish, can be different stores.

Used to have fish for years back in Sydney, mainly chiclids and did marine for a while too

Keen to set one up gain, any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Mate, I used to be heavily into chilchids and marine tanks, without a doubt the best shop to go to is Atlas Aquariums on 270 Rhode Road Wavell Heights, my mate who helped me set up my boat used to manage it and another mate of ours now owns it, heaps of fish, excellent advice, great range and you may even pick up some fishing tips while you are there. Good luck. http://www.atlas-aquarium.com/

Hi All

Going to start up a new saltwater tank, however hoping people can recomend some good places to buy the kit and fish, can be different stores.

Used to have fish for years back in Sydney, mainly chiclids and did marine for a while too

Keen to set one up gain, any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Yo Manni i have a lot of saltwater equipment parts i.e. heater,chiller,test kits,pumps you can have for free if your down my way sometime. This was my second hobby, great hobby but very very $$$$$ ;):)

• 2 months later...

Hey Manni, how did you go? Have you set up a tank? I have been doing the rounds of all the aquariums on the Northside lately before I set up my Cichlid tank. Smiths seemed to have the biggest range and were really helpful but I think the guys I spoke to at Atlas were the most helpful and didn't try to make me feel stupid for not having a degree in aqua chemistry (like another shop recommended in this thread)

there is a cheap asian aquarium in Rocklea which sells cheap fish in bulk. opposite of the rocklea markets and next to the fruit/vegie markets. and there is a good one in darra. when you're a loyal customer there he'll pick off a dollar or 2 off every fish u buy. and he is willing to buy fish off you as well.

hey manni,

i was in the same situation 2 months ago, setting up a new tank!

read this post and offered to buy some equipment off a few afo member but was to no avail!

still chasing a chiller but!

i found that guppies online is by far an away the cheapest place to but equipment and their service is second to none, u willl literally get stuff half price, with regards to buying fish dont go to marine mates on beenleight redland bay road thats all i know they sold me a heap of unhealthy fish and introduced a disease into my tank that im currently trying to cure! with little sucess!

Hey Manni, how did you go? Have you set up a tank? I have been doing the rounds of all the aquariums on the Northside lately before I set up my Cichlid tank. Smiths seemed to have the biggest range and were really helpful but I think the guys I spoke to at Atlas were the most helpful and didn't try to make me feel stupid for not having a degree in aqua chemistry (like another shop recommended in this thread)

Hey Mate, haven't bought anything yet waiting to move house in a few weeks and then off to go shopping

Will let you know how i go

manny... dunno why we haven't spoken about this in our usual hallway talks. I've got some connections that may be able to help.

also.. for anyone else that right into their marine stuff have a look at this forum - http://masa.asn.au/

AWESOME forum for marine aquariums, a relatively close knit group as well. They do monthly stuff, specials nights and I went with them to SeaWorld down the Goldy and they'd organised a tour through the staff only areas for the big shark tank and other displays as well.

manny... dunno why we haven't spoken about this in our usual hallway talks. I've got some connections that may be able to help.

also.. for anyone else that right into their marine stuff have a look at this forum - http://masa.asn.au/

AWESOME forum for marine aquariums, a relatively close knit group as well. They do monthly stuff, specials nights and I went with them to SeaWorld down the Goldy and they'd organised a tour through the staff only areas for the big shark tank and other displays as well.

Haha true we have been too busy talking about chasing GT's lol

Archived