snagged my first.....

pinkey

Went fishing in my secret spot in the middle brisbane river again today and yesterday and caught my first brisbane river bream on rod at 30cm :) along with the usual cats. then today to my supprise i thought i had a big cattie on but it was fighting alot different and harder and pulled in my first Threadfin salmon :D at 45cm not that big but a very handsome fish. also caught a little 20cm bream on my handline :D. returned them all safley :D

i just threw out a big prwan not very far at all and bang! :D.. but yeh i tried to get pics. i ran all the way home to get a camera cos i soo wanted a pic. i got back and i realised my camera had no batterys.Then i gave my friend my phone to take some pics with but i just found out he didnt save em :( oh well ill catch another next time twice as big :cheer:

Plastic Fantastic wrote:

so i take it the threadfin salmon are still in season?

Threadfin slow down through the Winter. There's always small ones around but usually nothing big (Over 70cm). Give it a couple more months until around September and a few meteries will start getting caught again.

Troy

Archived