Gotta wash a layer of dust off Unsinkable2

tomca

My hobie has been sulking in the garage for a couple of weeks, and with tomorrows wind forecast poo (putting it nicely) I MUST get her wet Sunday.

Depending on wind and swell it could be Moffatts Beach, Palm Beach or anywhere in between. I do faintly hear the kingies at Straddie calling me to battle.

Anyone else getting out on the tupperware? Open to suggestions

Depending on where Tom goes and IF I tag along, I can pick up shorties yak and load it on my trailer with mine. Otherwise I am going to Scarborough to hit the various reefs around north reef etc for bream, snapper and other water dwelling species.

Hey KAF / Tomca

I'm yet to fish that area but keen to give it a go.

If you fellas don't end up heading off to exotic far away locations then I'd be a up for a local session.

I'll keep an eye on the thread as the weekend gets closer.

Rod

I can pick it up manni, i need to give shortie something anyway

That's awesome Tom, I'll shout you lunch !!!

Thanks for the offer too KAF

P.S Ray your not wrong mate, this is why i love AFO !! will have to shout shortie a lunch too sometime

You are only hiring it for the day.... dont get to carried away there, the guy can eat :kiss: :kiss:

Shortie - sorry I bumped your call the othe day, I was ahhhhhh busy. Knees in the back, dont move kind of busy!

Anyone got a spare peddler for Sunday? It will be returned washed with a 6 pack of choice! I dont feel like paddling as I will get my hands wet in the cold water. :woohoo:

I will be picking up a Stealth Superlite this weekend to add to the collection. Not sure if I will be game to test it out on the 4m swell predicted :evil: .

I will also keep an eye out for where you guys head to, but the weather is not looking good at this point in time.

Bill.

Tom after my text this morning something happened (family issue) and sundays thing maybe postponed so hopefully i will be allowed out to play.

I reckon Scarborough would be worth a shot, at this stage its a 10 to 15Kn SSW. Tide is a bit ordinary but, 930am low, I would've preferred a high at that time but ohwell. Maybe launch at flinders prd/ griffith ramp, short pedal/padle to north reef and surrounding reefs. This is just a suggestion, if its to blowy maybe do some canals.

I think it might be Saturday before we have a good idea how the wind will be for Sunday. Scarb can be a bit hit and miss, Coochie or Wello might be a better option for fish, just gotta find bigger ones amongst the juveniles.

Shortie, I'll give you a call Friday about pick up, and Booty how do you get into that situation when all you do is target p platers

I think it might be Saturday before we have a good idea how the wind will be for Sunday. Scarb can be a bit hit and miss, Coochie or Wello might be a better option for fish, just gotta find bigger ones amongst the juveniles.

Shortie, I'll give you a call Friday about pick up, and Booty how do you get into that situation when all you do is target p platers

Will chat to you Friday too Tom work out the plan :)

I'm out guys, gotta spend some time with Bec tomorrow and then will be chipping away hopefully being able get a crack at the Salmon later in the day !!!

Thanks for the offer of the Yak shortie, very much appreciated

Thanks for the invite out Tom, I think me and Yakking is never going to play out !!

saratoga, hard and fun to catch, bad to eat. the last one I caught earlier this year:

IMGP0497.jpg

We are likely to encounter cod and yellowbelly, with some bass thrown in.

Standing timber and grassy edges, hopefully fun times to be had by all.

I may bring a video camera to capture any shenanigans we direct at KAF ;)

Archived