Do SP(s) work at night?

viperon1982

Do SP's work at night??

Hell yeah!!:)

I have seen this question asked quiet a few times and Just for you Viperon I will give you some advice for using SP's at night.

Fish hunt during night time and most times they use movement/vibration and smell to locate their prey. So during night hours you are going to have to work the Sp really hard but at the same time try not to cover to much ground which will give the fish more time to locate the SP.

Include some scent spray like Ultrabite and this will double your chances of the fish finding it. As for SP's colours most fish ain't to fussy but darker colours seem to have the better effect.

Also with scent sprays/gels the gels work better as they don't wash of as fast as the sprays.

Hope this helps you out!!

i have caught loads of nice squire at night on sps out at mud island and have seen troyj (another afo member) land some monster snapper at night...as dazza said..hell yeah they work...be confident in using them at night and im sure ya will hook up soon enough mate...

As Daz said you have to work them alot and if your going into deeper sort of water dont retrieve it much, just jig it throughout the water column.

SP's attract fish by sight and sound not by smell (unless of course you are using a scent) so you work on the basis lighter for bright days darker for dark days and even darker at night. Pumpkinseeds work great, if your fishing in darker type waters.

During the day the sun really flickers of the lighter colours and screams out for a fish to take it, not that dark colours dont...its just light colours do it better. At night if you can imagine what its like in the water its pretty much pitch black, there is nothing reflecting the plastics colour, so you want to go with a dark colour because the fish will not see colour until up very close...they will hunt a siluette.

Otherwise use a really really bright colour like pink or yellow, try to avoid the light blues etc

Obone yeah mate its an attractant/scent can be brought at most tackle suppilers. I think its about 185mls for about $12.

Berkley also has a spray on attractant that also works well for around $10 but be warned most spray cans have a habit of leaking.

To use just apply a few drops or a couple of squirts of spray to the tail of the SP or the rear end of the lure.

Archived