battery Charger Whats yourchoice

Smiderman

Guys I'm looking at up dating the 30yr old battery charger and would appreciate your views

I have a 12v dual battery set up. both are Lead acid type 465 CCA and 585 CCA if that means anything.

i remember Ray Kennedy did a post ages ago but cant locate is & I guess technology may have advanced since then anyway

These are still on special. Superseded model. I paid over $200 for my first one and then got a second one.

16 amps suits all types of battery. Only thing the digital display is hard to read in bright sunlight but for $105 including free freight next day delivery 12 months warranty who cares

.[ebay]320731903373[/ebay]

Cheers

Ray

• 3 weeks later...
These are still on special. Superseded model. I paid over $200 for my first one and then got a second one.

16 amps suits all types of battery. Only thing the digital display is hard to read in bright sunlight but for $105 including free freight next day delivery 12 months warranty who cares

Cheers

Ray

Ray what is the benefit of a 16 amp charger over a 7 amp charger?

Cheers

Ray

I picked up one of these off the same seller a few weeks ago, cant fault it! Does all the same functions of a ctek at less than half the price of its equal.

Cheers

Ray

Ray what is the benefit of a 16 amp charger over a 7 amp charger?

It will charge your battery in half the time or example a 120ah battery discharged to 30 % of its capacity will take at least 11 hours to recharge with a 7 amp charger whilst with a 16 amp charger will only take aprox 5 hours.Very important if you are going to use the battery next day.

If you have a 100ah or larger battery you are wasting your money only purchasing a 7 amp charger.

Cheers

Ray

Archived