GO YOU GOOD THING! here we go, 3 in a row!

AlsHilux

...and also i thought i was morally obliged to raise awareness of this recent event, as reported in the news, people should be disgusted with this kind of activity!

quoted from ninemsn news

Three kangaroos beaten to death

Wednesday Jun 13 12:33 AEST

Three kangaroos have been beaten to death and mutilated in a national park on the NSW south coast, with a joey left fighting for its life.

The three animals were found dead on Sunday within 100 metres of each other, near the boat ramp at South Durras, in the Murramarang National Park north of Batemans Bay.

One kangaroo had been decapitated, one had been beaten to death and one had had its eyes gouged out and been left with a joey still alive in its pouch.

Police and the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) are appealing for the public's help in tracking down the culprits.

NPWS southern region director Alistair Henchman said someone might have seen what happened to the animals because there had been other incidents of vandalism in the area at the time.

Mr Henchman said the kangaroos at the popular tourist spot had lost their fear of humans, which made them vulnerable to attacks.

\"I have never come across anything as bad as this in my many years with the NPWS,\" he said.

\"The staff and I are completely disgusted by what has occurred.

\"The fact that it has happened in a national park, land set aside specifically to act as a haven for native animals, is beyond comprehension.\"

The five-month-old joey, which weighs 900 grams, is now struggling for survival in the hands of a wildlife carer.

Under the National Parks and Wildlife Act, people caught harming protected fauna face a jail sentence of up to six months and can be fined as much as $11,000.

Anyone with any information should contact police, or the NPWS on (02) 4423 2170.

©AAP 2007

Queensland just won the origin series! hence the headline.

and I agree, 6 months in jail is a bit light in my opinion. I don't understand what is wrong with some people.

I know a lot of guys on here are varying degrees of conservationist. I've seen the threads on catch and release, killing toadfish, killing jellyfish, etc.. so I thought it would be of interest. Even though not fishing related.

Archived