AFO at North Pine dam

Feral

Well I figured I can start the report, and those that stayed can add how many and how big later on!

I got to the parking lot at Forgans Cove about 6ish, just shooting light. Rigged a Poppa, Rocket and a couple of other rolled up about then as well. Parking lot was full!

Gave Brian a quick ring, he wasn't catching anything, and had gone \"left\" so I worked my way around to where he was using a popper.

When I got there I changed to a G Vibe, Lozzel, Plastic man, Jordan and his mate Ian were there. Quite a few other strung along the dam.

We worked around a couple of bays, a couple of small fish caught, but nothing super. Got close to time for me to go, so I stopped in the one spot, changed to a lighter G Vibe, and worked that for a while.

Was having a gas bag with Brian and Lozzel getting ready to go when they boys who had worked their way around the bay until they were opposite us got onto a school of good uns.

So Brian and Lozzel were off to join the fun, and I had to trudge home casting lures occasionally on the way. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/parking_lot.jpg

Parking lot was still pretty full at 8:15 when I left!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/06/17 13:28

post-134-144598418133_thumb.jpg

Haha how funny.

I did not see the going fishing post for this one.

I just got back from a forgans afternoon session myself.

I did poorly with only a few love taps all day. Tanya did quite well some Atomic shads though. She has been loving the whole \"no smelly bait\" option.

Interesting to see how \"Team 5 Piece Feed\" do.

Angus

Me and my family were just coming in as Brian, Jordan, Lozzel and some one else were coming in. We didn't get any fish, but 5 Red Claw, 2 pots (one with 4 RC in it), 1 Turtle and a Rapala Glass Shad Rap made the day partially worth while. We stayed there till just before dark and that was all we caught on both lures and bait.

It was a pleasant morning for a walk...just as well cause I got nothing, nada, zip, SFA, a big fat zero!

Good to see the AFO crew there in force and some other friendly folk from the southside who had heard of the NP reputation and wanted a taste, (when I left at 9.30 they had the same score as me). Met some new faces today, Brian, Plastic Man, Lozzel & Jordan (aka buckethead) who lived up to his reputation with a quick dip in the chilly H2O at approx 6.45am to retrieve his snagged lure...brave or silly, you be the judge!

Brian was looking for him a bit later as he lost his new Rapala lure first cast, but was too smart/scared to follow Jordan's lead.

(Perhaps that is the Rapala that Cowfish mentioned in the prevoius posts.)

Still no bass on lure for me, oh well, perhaps next time.

Just a couple of quick questions.

When fishing at Forgans, what way do you head to get more success, Left or Right?

And is it better to fish of the banks facing out into the main parts f the dam, or fish into the small creeks that flow into NP?

Thanks

PS That lure I found was pretty old, both hooks were almost completely rusted off, but the attachment points to the lure where rust free

I arrived at the dam at 4.30am, Jordon and Ian were waiting . A quick intro and we were off to the water. Staretd filcking Spinners. We were then caught up by Plasticman & friend & Brian D, after intros we headed for deeper water, where Plasti got a small bass on a slider.We were then joined by Feral & Rocket 75 (Rod). Feral headed back to carpark . While some of us headed further arround the dam looking for the \"Elusive Bass\".

The \"highlight\" of my day was watching Crazy man Jordon \"swim trolling\" which produced a 30+ bass,on a \"G-Vibe\", Soon After Brian was onto another about the same size. Packed up and flicked at a couple spots on the way back.

It was good to meet the members and put faces to names. Another great day was had , swaped stories, and another first for me was fishing a new spot. Will be back for more.

Total catch

Jordon -1

Brian -1

Lozzel- 3 lures to snags ,Ha Ha.

Thanks for the M&G , I will def fish with you again. It was a pleasure.

Laurie

Cowfish13 wrote:

Me and my family were just coming in as Brian, Jordan, Lozzel and some one else were coming in. We didn't get any fish, but 5 Red Claw, 2 pots (one with 4 RC in it), 1 Turtle and a Rapala Glass Shad Rap made the day partially worth while. We stayed there till just before dark and that was all we caught on both lures and bait.

Mate thats mine - I told you that in the car park:woohoo: Oh well finders keepers loosers weepers:pinch: I lost it first cast too, but at least it went to someone on teh same sideB)

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/06/17 20:31

Not much to add but a few photos and to say what a good bunch of blokes you guys are. It's great to get with a heap of like minded mad keens. Maybe next time we should tell Angus then we might get some fish.

Jordan, I got shots of you out in the middle of the lake, if you want them just send me a PM. Yeap that's you - the little black dot in the middle of the frame[img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/jord.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/06/17 20:39

post-118-144598418163_thumb.jpg

Was it worth it for a just for a 28 cm Bass. Funnything see the white spot at the back of the frame? Not the pile of cloths near his head but the spot in the distance? That's Jordans mate having a sleep in the sun while crazy kid went \"fishing\"[img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/jord-5c0512da7e176774e686a2c54cd5a34e.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/06/17 20:51

post-118-144598418176_thumb.jpg

HOW BIG ARE THE FISH AT NORTH PINE

We were having al ook around this little inlet when we thought we saw this rope, which we thought was attached to another yabby pot. But it was 100lb mono fishing line. Attached to this was this massive hook. The mono was tied directly to the eye and there was about 1.5m of mono, which was then attached to probably 80lb braid via a bimini twist and some other knot. We don't think it was for fishing though, I reckon it was to retrieve unmarked pots left over night. It's still a bloody big hook though. The lure is a Jackall TN60 and that is a 50 cent coin. The hook is 60mm wide and 55mm high.

Sorry about the picture size, for some reaseon, that is the biggest I can get them. Even when they are 100kb, they can only be (for me) 213 x 160 pixels:S [img size=213]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Big_Hook_1.jpg

Post edited by: Cowfish13, at: 2007/06/18 10:43

post-320-144598418188_thumb.jpg

Cowfish13 wrote:

These were the Redclaw that we got. 4 of which were found inside an abandoned pots. The other was caught at the spot where Angus walked past us the first time. [img size=213]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Redclaw_2.jpg

Cowfish! You should have said G'day. I have never seen a pic of you and was not sure you guys were AFO :P

Next time.

Tanya using Plastics for the time. Ando... recognise the set up? :)

[img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tanya_NP1.jpg

post-63-144598418192_thumb.jpg

We only relised it was you after you left as well. Sorry. At least now you know what we look like.

Feral: The pots have no bait, are covered in weed and no ropes attached. Caught while casting lures. There was evidence of dead red claw in them. So what I think happened is one redclaw crawled in by mistake (they're not that smart) , died, then the others came in to eat it.

Plastic Man wrote:

hey brian, is that a little silver or bass looks a lot like a silver in the underwater pic

Plastic Man: I agree mate. Except i think it looks very much like a silver in both pictures!

Cowfish: No worries mate, well next time ill say hi :)

Angus

Headed out to the dam this morning. Got a couple on spinnerbaits near Mcgavin Way. Headed round a bit and thought I would try my luck with plastics and just as I did who did I run into but (nice to meet you)Stu.

Got a couple while talking to Stu. The biggest was a 40cm.

All the clear water seems to have sent the biguns deeper.

Stu went over to explore where I caught my 55cm. Let us know how you got on Stu.

Wish I was as fit as you mate. I seen you run up that hill and my knees have been wobbly ever since just at the thought of it.

Cheers

Dino

I had bit of walk around the dam near macgavins view early without mush luck was over near the no fishing zone but soon left there did'nt want to get kicked off the dam:( so I went around to were dino was had a great chat with him( nice to meet you to mate )if anyone needs to know about the dam ask dino he knows alot about the place so I ended upgoing to one of the deeper spots he showed me got busted off by a nice fish on a snag first cast lost my tn70:evil: then started to use a mask vibe and caught 2 yellas 42cm & 43cm:) my first at N.P so thanks again dino ( I thought about coming back down the hill to give you a piggy back but to far mate:lol: [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/101_0776_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598418199_thumb.jpg

Archived