Drawstring Castnets???

johnsonMAN

Hi guys im just wondering if any1 has had much to do with Drawstring Castnets?

Im thinking of buying one of the Citer ones at BCF.

What would be the best size for a beginner?

Does anybody own one of these and could tell me the pro's and cons.

Im just looking for ideas on wether these are any good.

Thanks

man i reckon the drawstring ones are the bomb. I've had a 9ft mono (normal) and a 12ft drawstring thread.

The drawstring i find i lose alot less fish or bait in them. Nothing worse than pulling up for cast net to hear a splash in the water of a fish that has just dropped out.

Only set back of a drawstring is on very rare occasions everything gets tangled up. But easy fix you just need to spread it out on the ground.

Will not go back to anything other than drawstring.

Is this one where there is a net at the bottom and some sort of 2nd net in the top bit that increases your landing chances on the bait fish? I got mine from BCF it comes in a bucket is this the ones you are looknig at?

If so i tought myself on it very easy, practice from the boat not on land. really get the arms going, the more effort you put into them, the quicker you will learn

Nah thats a net with a top pocket.

Drawstring ones, hard to explain...instead of the rope being connected to the top of the net, its connected to the bottom of the net where the sinkers are. Up the top, the actual net is connected to a ring that once you start retrieving your cast the sides of the net stay loose and the top of your net falls to the bottom.

Man that was a horrible explanation but can't think of a better one. Much easier if you see one in action.

Do$tylz loves his drawstring so much, when i bring mine out fishing he dropps his and grabs mine, a boring 12 foot top pocket net, :woohoo: Sorry Do$, just joking boys:evil: :evil:

He does have a much better catch rate with his, i have seen him in action and those nets dont lose as many fish out of the bottom compared to mine.

ive got 2 drawstrings and 3 bottom pockets, i much prefer the botom pockets because fair enough, when u get a big haul in a bottom pocket u will more than likeley loose alot of it, especially with bigger fish, but u cant pull in a drawstring if ur standing over the top it in a situation like when ur in a boat or on a jetty, it leaves a huuuge hole in the bottom when its coming together. i also find the bottom pockets a whole lot easier to cast and pretty reliable in all situations, but im not sure if thats just because of my technique. start around 10 foot otherwise u will reeeeeally regret it when u get the hang of it and u still have such a useless small net.

Nope. I don't experience that problem. If you just jig the net up and down as you're bringing it up slowly, the hole at the bottom is minimal. Alot of my casting is done off jettys and land. I have done it from a tinny as well and didn't find that problem.

Thanks dan....you almost had me throw down a challenge to you :)

its hard to explain... think of it this way. with a normal cast net, when ur bringing it in, u need to have the leads on the bottom, so when u start feeling it lift a bit, u bring it in slower so it stays lower to the bottom (thus less fish escaping) with a drawstring net, u cant do this, as when you lift the sinkers, and then let them hit the bottom again, u gain no distance at all, the sinkers just drop to the bottom and you havnt gained anything at all, you start from square one again. if u can cast pretty far from where you are standing, this is not a problem. its really hard to explain, you will jsut have to find out for yourself.

Archived