Noosa Barra, Are they becomming a viable species?

Carter

I was down at the local tackle shop yeterday having a general chat and was suprised to hear that at least 4 meter plus Barra were caught last week apparently in the "Woods Bay area" but really under the Munna Point bridge ;). All very late at night on poppers and big Livies. Also a handfull of smaller Barra up to 70cm were caught between the lakes where I chase Jacks. Kimbo who caught the 105cm model a few weeks ago has done it again and has a quick video on Davos Noosa report of a 103cm model.

I still havent nailed a Noosa Barra but you'll all knmow about it if I do :lol:

Netters in the top lake have apparently been getting 'em for years. Carter you might need to fish with worms mate ;) ......

Kim's a mate, he fishes long time!!! Yep he's the guy fishing by himself at 3A.M when most sane people are asleep. Awesome catches, he deserves them!!!!

People still nail Barra as far down as the goldy, whether or not they're aquarium escapees?..... It doesn't matter I reckon it's just plain awesome!

Netters in the top lake have apparently been getting 'em for years. Carter you might need to fish with worms mate ;) ......

Kim's a mate, he fishes long time!!! Yep he's the guy fishing by himself at 3A.M when most sane people are asleep. Awesome catches, he deserves them!!!!

People still nail Barra as far down as the goldy, whether or not they're aquarium escapees?..... It doesn't matter I reckon it's just plain awesome!

I take my hat to the man, he has is sussed. So when are we going fishing with him Swersy :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived