What pulls harder?

dansike

All of the dogtooth tuna I have caught have been pathetic. To be fair they were trolled up and weren't that much bigger than the lure. LOL

Between AJ and GT although very close I would have to say for ultimate power AJ's. When a big AJ takes a dive for structure I sometimes start to rgeret ever hooking it in the first place. I think GT's have more staying power and go hard consistently through the fight.

Would also definitely put chinaman fish on the list. The bigger ones go hard. Harder than a red emperor I reckon.

Never caught one, but mullet are meant to be awesome fighters for their size.

Strictly technical power-weight?

I've caught 500g bass that have pulled 1.5-2kg drag

thats 3-4 times body weight?

:lol:

Only ever got onto one doggie, but boy did I know it!

Big Doggies are outta control, but there was one time I caught a 23kg Wahoo and after that I landed a little 6kg Doggie. I honestly thought I'd hooked up to another Wahoo bigger than the first one!! Thats how hard the little Doggie went.

I would have to rate GT's over Dogtooth. Have caught both in the same day around the same size and the GT's were way more backbreaking. Mind you these occassions have been on the troll so could be a different ball game poppering or jigging.

On the bottom I'd put up big red bass and chinaman

Estuary I pick GT's. I'm thinking if say 50cm GT/barra/fingermark/jack/tarpon/cod/salmon/queenfish, you get the biggest tussle out of the GT.

Haven't really had the pleasure of catching any real game fish here in Aus... Back in NZ, we were out trolling for marlin, four hours for crap all marlin.... But kept running into this huge school of Kingies.. "Big B*stards"... In the end my mate and I threatened mutiny on the skipper if he didn't take us home.. we were shattered... At first it was yipee!!! after half a dozen each, everytime one of the reels started to scream my mate and I would either look at the deck and hope the skip wouldn't call either of us up to the chair... Or look for an excuse to avoid it... My back was hammered...

Pound for pound, I would have to go with Milk Fish. They can pull line like there was no drag, and if you weren't holding tight enough you would probably loose your rod too

I've seen video of those things, they're insane!! One of the few fish left on my Bucket List.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjlRu2K9ZmE

Archived