Berkley Nano..............?

cookie_7

Hey mate, be careful, there is vanish leader then there is spinning vanish - basically spinning vanish is just softer and thinner (and may not stretch as much?), which basically means as leader you will get rubbed etc.

About the nanofil, good question. Was just saying to Ant that I'm planning on putting it onto one of my reels for surface/flats fishing, because I thought it might spook the fish a little less than braid (particularly fluoro) as I'm hoping it doesn't give off as much of a shadow etc.

Will let you know if/when I try it!

Not a fan! Tried the 4lb for bass. Absolutely loved it first time out, cast very well, very sensitive....BUT, found after initial joy came bitter disappointment! Unexplained bust off's and alot of lost lures!

Spoke to a pro from ecogear last night who had the same problems, he said that due to the very fine fibres it is hard to detect any weak points.

Also found when attaching a leader, the knot catching on the guides was enough to slow the line enough to cause it to loop and catch on the guides causing tangles and frustratingly poor accuracy!

Not a fan! Tried the 4lb for bass. Absolutely loved it first time out, cast very well, very sensitive....BUT, found after initial joy came bitter disappointment! Unexplained bust off's and alot of lost lures!

Spoke to a pro from ecogear last night who had the same problems, he said that due to the very fine fibres it is hard to detect any weak points.

Also found when attaching a leader, the knot catching on the guides was enough to slow the line enough to cause it to loop and catch on the guides causing tangles and frustratingly poor accuracy!

what knots are you using?

i use a bimini twist to slim beauty and have no problems at all

Just random, tried some different knots, but lost confidence in it after a while, thought it was just me! But after speaking to a few people who have used it, found they had similar problems.. I think it would be great but just not in a snaggy environment where line can come into contact with any structure. Like I said I loved it first time out, but lost confidence with it. Have gone back to 6lb Platil braid! No high end line I know but to date no bust offs and I have pulled quite a few out of snags with it too!

Archived