Mt Crosby Weir

username_taken

Went for a drive through to Mt Crosby Weir as I'd never actually been there before. I drove from the Ipswich side and crossed the bridge, Turned left just after it for a dirt road going to a sporting field. I didn't see any paths down to the actual water itself though.

How do you get down to the water to do a spot of fishing? Wouldn't mind casting in some SPs to try and get some of those Tilapia fishies out of the water and nuked.

yer i can vouch those distances...its 400m downstream, u'll c a sign, then once u arrive at the small old wier its another 50m dowstream from that...not that u can fish there now neways lol too much weed. if u travel further down stream theres some good spots for tarpon and bream on SP's. personally i've caught bream upto 31cm and tarpon to 45cm on SP's down there in about one meter of water haha and the garfish down there will make short work of ur soft plastics so take a few.

yeah at the end of the dirt road and park where the tree is. There is a man made path leading down to the river. Look out for the sign too. You should see it, i've been there a couple of months ago and its not the best place to fish. I've found the little walk track at College Crossing to be much more successful.

Give it a try and tell us how its going

Hey mate, its not a bad place to fish if you put in the effort, theres some good fish in there, you just have to be fairl clever as they see (seen) a lot of fishing traffic there...

With the distances, its 400m down stream, 200m up stream, both are marked by signs, the 200m upstream one is hidden in the grass so might be diffucult to find, ive always found downstream better to fish anyway.

I have to disagree with plastic_fantastic (sorry mate!) but the 400m is actually signed at an inlet right where the old ponds are (kind of hard to discribe, but if you walk downstream from the weir bridge on the tracks, you'll see what i mean. You can skip straight past all the un fishable water, by driving down the dirt road past the oval, and when you get to the end of the road you'll see a turn around aea with a big tree in the middle (used to be an old qlder that the tree grew thrugh the middle before the council removed it and the one a bit furthur up at the mango trees) you can park there and either take the the path over the edge of the cliff, taking you directly to the sign at the inlet near the ponds, or you can go throguh the gate which will take you to the old weir.

hany more q' just ask

benno.

Archived