Out of date gas bottles

Gazza

Find a busy service station with one operator that has swap and go bottles :P

9 times outta 10 they will hand you the key to the storage and say yeah just grab one

swap your bottle for a nice full newer one :whistle:

Booty I didn't say that lol :P

jokin bud these joints are ripping us off all the time :evil:

I just opened this thread to say

'Find a busy servo and wave the bottle to them from outside the window, dump it down, run inside, grab the key, put your rust bomb in there and pull out a freshly painted shiny one'

Ohhh... and I didnt say that either, but I do know it works!

Gazza $35 pretty common price for an empty bottle. I usually pay about $15 to fill a bottle, service Station at Bald Hills near the railway bridge. Nice bunch of blokes!

I've no problem with anyone who is game enough to do it, your right they rip us off something chronic. Its just I'd not be able to sleep that night if I did it, I'd be hiding under the bed waiting for Booty's mates to knock on the door! So not worth the few bucks saved for me!

The idea of swap and go is in basis reliant on RECYCLING out of date bottles. I have a friend who helped kick off the first of them at the BP servos many yrs ago and they encourage ppl to bring in out of date bottles and take a newie ( often a recycled bottle) so they do a quick internal inspection and a hydrostatic test and whack a new valve and safety check on them before refilling.

They kicked off with 250 new bottles and within 2 yrs got thier stocks up to over 5000 bottles without buying a new one.

Just read the fineprint about what you should be dropping off and it will state out of date bottles are fine.

Jack.

parkertr wrote:

The servo's also did the dodgy on us when the changed it so the 9kg bottles are only allowed to hold 8.5kg.

Not surprisingly we still pay for that 500g of gas...

Wow do they weigh all bottles now?

When i was in high school (2000) i worked for Caltex and we just used to fill them up till gas spewed out the overflow, no paying for what you buy no nothing and people didnt complain i think it was about $20 to fill a 9kay gee.

mangajack wrote:

They kicked off with 250 new bottles and within 2 yrs got thier stocks up to over 5000 bottles without buying a new one.

Jack.

Yea, that bit stumped me aswell. As 1 in, 1 out would equal 250 bottles still?

Maybe they need to keep those with their hoses stil attached away from those without hoses... ;) :ohmy:

In the UK and New Zealand they weigh the bottles before and after filling and you only pay for what goes into the bottle so that if you have a bottle that is only half full and want to top it off before you go on a trip you dont get ripped off. Sounds like a more honest way of doing business.How would you like having to payfor 60l of petrol to top your tank up when it was only half empty???

Anyhow that is my spray for the day.

Ray

Archived