Someone assure me this is normal?

TerryH wrote:

This is some of the stuff I could find at the moment. A few tools and items have been omitted. There's obviously a lot more sandbags and wire rope that didn't make the final cut. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Sharking_Gear___Shot_1___AFO.jpg

i like the rod holder terry that's given me another idea for foreigners at work:P

Terry,

Have you thought of using rubber weld tape on the hooks instead of normal electrical tape? Sets up solid.

Or even the dipping rubber you can get? (Liquid rubber meant for dipping tool handles in, sets on the handle in a minute or two after dipping in the pot.)

Jeff: That design is bloody brilliant. I got Matt's mate Chris to weld it up for me, it holds extremely well in the sand. Credits for the design go to Scott G.

Feral: I've considered it, but never seen any at stores.

The tape holds well. I usually get the 3M stuff, bit more expensive then the cheaper stuff, but it holds very well. It's a real pain in the backside trying to remove it to put on some fresh tape (after a shark has slashed it to shreds).

Just for some identification: From left to right we have:

Left 3rd of screen:

Cable Ties

Balloons

TLD 25

Okuma 50W

Tiagra 80WA

De-hooking tool

Swaging tool, mini bolt cutters

shovel.

Middle Third:

60lb spool (clear colour)

100lb spool (dark green)

first aid kit, rod holder, scales, rope

a few tools - cutters and pliers. 2 headlamps and a file next to the box.

1st Row in tackle box: Some cheap ebay swivels that I don't use anymore, torpedo swivels and d shackles.

2nd Row: Super Glue (An essential item for any occasion I would think) and some blue plastic coating from the cable. I use that sometimes in tying knots.

The 3rd row in the tackle box is all swages/crimps

4th row is plastic pipe/tubing to use on the hooks (cover the points for transport/safety)

Right 3rd: Black magic equaliser (gimbal and harness)

torch

sandbag (read: Sinker)

a trace with 2 14/0 hooks.

Two metal things under the torch are clips. I use these to secure the rod to a jetty. Green spray is BUSHMASTER. Great stuff.

Bottom right is a poncho.

Terry Whitworths sell the rubberweld tape in two sizes, 25mm wide and 50mm wide, they also do what looks like a 100mm wide version. (page 111 of their catalogue)

But if you need to get it off, that could cause a problem!

They also sell something called \"whip end dip\" which may be the liquid plastic dip.

Archived