Someone assure me this is normal?

Decided to do a bit of a stock take of tackle and give everything the once over this afternoon.

Got together all my soft plastics stuff and somehow I think I have a bit of a fetish thing happening :S

Someone tell me this is normal and that they have more packets of grubs than me :ohmy: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/07_07_07_1636_AFO.jpg

post-1481-14459842032_thumb.jpg

Brian how do you get away with it? I think I need to learn to hide stuff better, I think the only reason my missus is going to the show with me tommorow is to keep my spending to a minimum:unsure:

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/07/07 19:00

Remember that old cartoon, where the dog keeps taking the cat dressed up as a saber tooth kitty back for the reward until he saves up for a butcher shop? Then eats until he is as round as a house, and the cat brings the gravy in and pumps him full

that'd be Brian! :)

STU wrote:

This my rod collection but there is my fly rod missing in the picture and I dont have enough time and room tolay out all my plastics and lures so I think it is very normal [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/101_0786_AFO.jpg

Wow a reel on every rod, that is some serious investment! I have 3 main reels I use on all my small rods.

Mind you thinking about it, if I pulled out all the reels I dont use I probably could put a reel on every rod!

Also I have to admit I have many many more plastics than that. I was a serious plastic freak before Ferg finally got me to use hard bodies, now plastic only get used when the hard bodies dont work.(I've got about 100 hard body lures these days!, probably more)

STU wrote:

Oh Yeah Baby now that's what we are talking about.:laugh: B)

Good stuff Stu, very nice, in fact one of the best Rod collections I've seen. Looks like well organised quality too. ;):)

See wifie - it's not only me.:P

I dare anyone to say they don't like looking at photos like the rods, or is that my fetish coming out again.:blush: :evil:

By the way I cant help my self when at a tackle store must buy something. My mrs tries to not drive past any. And those plastics are my saltwater ones I have a big range of freshwater gear as well like sliders and eco gear grubs sorry cant swap any at swap meet never no when and where you are fishing tomorrow so I need a wide range of rods and tackle to cover any situation

Brian D wrote:

Ha Good one Booty - Restocking permit - funny:)

I just love my tackle! I'm going to buy a tackle store one day and hopfully it will cure my problems!:blush: [img size=492]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/zzi.JPG

Mate, I don't think you've thought this through properly. If you buy a tackle store, by definition, you'll have to SELL SOME TACKLE - it's not a licence to just buy stock for your own use :whistle: . Hang on...the tax implications could be quite good if you did that though...;) yep, I'm with you - buy the damn store!!:) :laugh: :woohoo:

Post edited by: Cliffy, at: 2007/07/08 17:09

I thought I can out do this lot, remembering the gear we took to Awoonga last year, so I had a look back through the posts. I was gunna be a smarty pants and link back to the photos we put up back then.

But geez lookinh through the thread - we had bugger all! We all thought we had mountains of gear, I'd reckon we have 4 to 5 times as much gear for this years trip already!

I know there is a photo somewhere though of Ray's 20 trays of lures and plastics in another thread somewhere!

TerryH wrote:

Brian: Ok mate. Give me a couple of days and I should be able to muster up some \"Out there\" stuff. Whatever that is. I guess you mean my sharking gear.

Yeap that's a start TH. Some of them rigs and if you can fit it in the one photo maybe a shot of the stuff you carried onboard when you caught this. [img size=490]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/t7-da69388611f90152b8b4faf707404545.JPG

post-118-144598418045_thumb.jpg

Brian D wrote:

Cowfish13 wrote:
STU: I notice that one of your rods still has the tag on it.

Ha it does too - What Stu, do you buy 2 of everything? It's the same as the rod next to it. You have issues.:laugh:

yeh yeh I know I bought it to throw my millonaire on for barra fishing but have not gone barra fishing yet give me time I will get there

This is some of the stuff I could find at the moment. A few tools and items have been omitted. There's obviously a lot more sandbags and wire rope that didn't make the final cut.

Everything in this photo was specifically bought for shark fishing

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Sharking_Gear___Shot_1___AFO.jpg

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/07/09 20:14

post-126-14459842081_thumb.jpg

Archived