Pine River Midnight Bully Sesh

fishguru5

hi all

has been a while since my last report. havnt been out too much lately especially for sharks. anyway. finally took the new rig to the pine to chase a few larger bullies. collected bait at 7.30 around fallen trees and other rubbish. got set up and fishing by 9.30. we had 3 rods out. at ten the pack of bullies turned up (they turn up at certain times of the tide) we had a triple run and lost them all in a tangle hahahaha. laughs all round and we were back out. not long after i got a few timid runs, then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. it wanted it that time. set the hooks in and began the fight on 15lb. this fish screamed off on the new Twin Power (second hand) and on its first run completely melted the spring on the drag clicker -.- hav never seen that before.... possibly aftermarket spring. anyway chased after it and after 20 minutes got it boatside. shes a biggen :woohoo: took us a while to get it in the boat but managed. it went 1.4M long and roughly 70kg.

post-3952-144598742649_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598742656_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598742663_thumb.jpg

this is my pb in weight. anyway got some snaps and released it. we then anchored again and rebaited. on the slack water i got another run. i hooked up again and this one headed for the hills then back then forth e.c.t until i got it boatside. it was the same length however it weighed only 40kg maybe?

post-3952-14459874267_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598742676_thumb.jpg

t

post-3952-144598742682_thumb.jpg

he sharks seem to vary in mass a fair bit in there. anyway just a quick report. will be heading out sometime this week again.

thanks

pat

p.s the first shark was an estimate at 70. however i couldnt pick it up no matter how hard i tried so got only half arsed photos of it in relation to my height.

[quote name='"fishguru5" post=390848

[attachment=45486]400786_2725242064735_1667640582_2389439_569927287_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=45487]390051_2725471430469_1667640582_2389475_623896023_n.jpg[/attachment]

t

quote]

bugga' date=' your a strong lad, holding 40kg like that[/quote']

It's not too bad when you hold them like that. It's getting them to that position that's awkward.

Pat

Very nice couple of bullies there mate - do you ever eat them? Would be alot of fillets between the pair of 'em. You're alot gamer than me pulling them onboard without a dong on the head first!!!!

Is that your battery box behind the back seat? Was just looking at my tinny with my bro today and looking at how to re-position stuff to improve the wattage flow to my back all-round white light and wondered how my battery box would go water-wise in that position?

Very nice couple of bullies there mate - do you ever eat them? Would be alot of fillets between the pair of 'em. You're alot gamer than me pulling them onboard without a dong on the head first!!!!

Is that your battery box behind the back seat? Was just looking at my tinny with my bro today and looking at how to re-position stuff to improve the wattage flow to my back all-round white light and wondered how my battery box would go water-wise in that position?

Hi. Yes they do have tasty fillets however they are a pain to do correctly. And my battery box does get a soaking from time to time. They are fairly waterproof however

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
I had a 1.1mtr bully that weighed just under 7kg

He might be referring to the one your holding up. 70kg of fish with the majority held by the left hand is a mighty effort. Imagine holding 3 x 20kg bags of cement in one hand...that's an FML moment right there!

Im reffering to the one on the ground. the one im holding up was half the other one

Archived