Blacksheep 250

Brian D

Is there a better baitcaster then the Diawa Blacksheep 250? It cost about $575 (or 1 little yammy) so I want to get it right.

I am looking for a heavy casting reel for Barra that I can also use as a reel for a jig stick and something to cast big plastics at sharks next season.

Is there anything better value or quality at or less $$$?

daiwa milli bay area sp 200BB

shimano conquest 300 or other sizes

black sheep is a sweet reel but the limited production and availability actually make the price go up a great deal. so it's not of the same value as bay casting sp 103( just smaller, but sweet as it is)

conquest 300 is know for its unbeatable quality and 10 yrs warrenty's essential if u wanna use the reel really hard.

personally, i would use a bay casting sp 103 as nowadays, line capacity's not a big issue when GSP is the go.

Hey Brian,

Kevin is right, it is a sweet reel and it isn't really worth $575, thats y i bought it on special for $499 and i got it with free line.

It came with a 5 year warranty, so not as good as the shimanos but the quality is definately better.

Being a 250 size reel is a bit on the heavier side but it is rated at 7+ kg drag, (mine does 9kg). It holds about 130yds of 40lb bass hard braid (orange coloured line). I havnt had a chance 2 use it on barra yet but it handles jacks, jews and big flattys with ease.

As with sharks it should go fine.

The only downside is that is has no mag force but ive never had any problems casting cos u tend 2 cast heavier lures anyway.

If u have any other questions send me a pm or contact the tackle warehouse.

Cheers

blue_mako wrote:

I have a Daiwa Millionaire SW 203 and I find it great on Threadies and the like, it's a very popular inpoundment Barra reel.

Tom has a sheep, maybe he could give you some info.

Troy

I've got its little brother the 103 millionaire great reels

I reckon the Saltwater is the way to go. Even try a Luna. I had the 103. Bloody beautiful. There is alot I can tell you about them too. Come back in and see me if you like, I`m sure I can help you choose the right reel mate. Even work out a special deal too.;) I should be able to throw in some braid and load it up with backing for you.;)

blue_mako wrote:

STU wrote:

Why don't you use it on the Bass?

Troy

I do I will be taking it next weekend I've taken it to N.P other times but I get more distance out of my spin outfit alot of the fish lately seem to be further out

STU wrote:

blue_mako wrote:
STU wrote:

Why don't you use it on the Bass?

Troy

I do I will be taking it next weekend I've taken it to N.P other times but I get more distance out of my spin outfit alot of the fish lately seem to be further out

I get more casting distance out of my bc then spin gear. Do you fish with the mag force and spool pressure at a minimum?

Troy

Archived