Brisbane River Thursday night 22/03/12

Aggro101

I am heading out Thursday night (with my sounder this time). I have 1 spare spot if anyone is interested. Launching about 5pm from the Kirra St boat ramp, Pinkenba. Fish through the change of tide.

Remounted my anchor light on the weekend, so I shouldn't get any visits from the water police this time, LOL.

Yes I do go on weekends from time to time so long as there is no family stuff happening. I'll be sure to post on here whenever I go and have a spare spot. Usually it's just my son and I on weekends though. Weeknights are school nights though, so I don't let him stay out too late, so there's always a spare spot or 2 when I go out on a weeknight.

I was up there last week, they nabbed me for the anchor light as well.

wasnt mounted high enough, extended it and away she goes.

What time you planning on finishing ?

When did they change the anchor light rule? No way on earth mine can be visible from the front without major changes. It's in the starboard gunwale about 1m from the stern and is only about 60cm high just as it left the factory in 1997.

See you there if you go. I was thinking of launching from there, but then I'd have to cross the Gateway.

Yeah its close for us to drop off at. Il be there for few hours as im planning to go palmy in morning. Try my luck on mackerel there again. Weathers looking good atm

See you there if you go. I was thinking of launching from there, but then I'd have to cross the Gateway.

Yeah its close for us to drop off at. Il be there for few hours as im planning to go palmy in morning. Try my luck on mackerel there again. Weathers looking good atm

Does look good doesn't it. I might have to take the day off.....

Does look good doesn't it. I might have to take the day off.....

Yea i just saw weather. Nice swell n good wind too. I was going to cross seaway n go but might just go out of curumbin. hopefully the mackerel come out to play if not might troll around n chase tuna.

I know the mackerel are in the bay but its too much hassle travelling half the bay chasing them 12-14 knot kinds. I used too do it alot before but dont like getting wet now with the bay chop.

Was tempted. Not sure on weather. What's the Currumbin bar like?

Can I expect to get major air? ;)

Weathers good friday.

Currumbins okay lol its a bit shallow but its okay.

Worse comes come from seaway its not that far.

Bring a deckie whos being there aka callmum he wants to go lol

@ pancakes_and_haggis, sehrguht

Hmmmm, not sure if I want to spend a wet night on the boat. I do have a bimini and front clears, but any breeze will blow it in the sides and back. I'll get side clears one of these days....

I'll make a final decision later today if I am still going tonight or not. I have Jeremy's mobile, but Callum can you please send me yours? I'll call you both later.

Callum we prob won't be going out of Currumbin with the BOM forecast the way it is. Nasty.

Gale Warning

Cape Moreton to Point Danger

SE to NE winds increasing to 25 to 30 knots this afternoon or evening, possibly reaching 30 to 40 knots at times. Winds decreasing below 34 knots during early Friday morning and below 26 knots during Friday while shifting SE to SW. Seas 3 metres, rising to 4 metres late afternoon or evening. A 2.5 metre E to SE swell.

We will be most likely just going for a fish near the poo shoot early morn.

Callum we prob won't be going out of Currumbin with the BOM forecast the way it is. Nasty.

Gale Warning

Cape Moreton to Point Danger

SE to NE winds increasing to 25 to 30 knots this afternoon or evening, possibly reaching 30 to 40 knots at times. Winds decreasing below 34 knots during early Friday morning and below 26 knots during Friday while shifting SE to SW. Seas 3 metres, rising to 4 metres late afternoon or evening. A 2.5 metre E to SE swell.

We will be most likely just going for a fish near the poo shoot early morn.

is there a plan for tomorrow? didnt hear much ?

Archived