Riverlink Ipswich bass on surface

wesfish

There was a challenge thrown out to get a bass in the bremer river in the riverlink stretch, well yesterday i decided to take the tinnie down to boganville and have a crack at some bass, to start off my mate mick and i headed up the river and started finding bass upstream from riverlink around woodend.

post-4300-144598785831_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598785838_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598785843_thumb.jpg

after catching a few bass each here the sun set and we maade our way back to the riverlink stretch, we started using surface and subsurface offerings , there was instant action with mick first on

post-4300-14459878621_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598786215_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598786219_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598786223_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598786228_thumb.jpg

all in all its was just fun finding some bass action in the middle of ipswich and it was made more fun being on surface, i will give it another go til i find a 50+ in this stretch

Well done Wes I wanted to go join some KFDU members on a trip there last Sunday morning but had to see my dad of for his trip around north Australia. So I ended up going out in the Bremer a bit closer to home in the arvo. Has anyone else got a picture yet or were you the first.

Hey Wes did you launch from north Ipswich boat ramp? If so what time do they close the gates there these days. If your lucky a thready might smash your lure around there as well.
good old cribb, gates close at 7pm open at 6am we were lucky as we got back to ramp at 8pm and they left gates open for us thank god lol

nice work mate havnt fished the bremer for a while now, just wondering if youve heard of any threddies back there yet?
may have hooked a small one in the dark on surface, it hit the air instantly and left some really nice marks on the night crawler. either threadie or tarpon was to hard to see in the dark..

nice work mate havnt fished the bremer for a while now, just wondering if youve heard of any threddies back there yet?
may have hooked a small one in the dark on surface, it hit the air instantly and left some really nice marks on the night crawler. either threadie or tarpon was to hard to see in the dark..

oh yeah youve got me keen already. ima drag the boat down there today, send me a pm if ur keen to tag along ill be going solo at the moment so there would be a free spot

Archived